Help with fuel cutoff switch or other means of theft disabler

The Cock Father

We travel a bit when we ride new places and spend some time in hotels. I'm always concerned about someone stealing my Jeep! I'm a manual transmission, so starter disable is less than effective due to bump start. So what's another option? Anybody done this?

J

JKDream

We travel a bit when we ride new places and spend some time in hotels. I'm always concerned about someone stealing my Jeep! I'm a manual transmission, so starter disable is less than effective due to bump start. So what's another option? Anybody done this?

Wouldn't the immobilizer prevent the vehicle from running even if it was bumpstarted without a key?

I know when my key doesn't pick up properly it will run for about a second and shut down.

A hidden power kill switch maybe?
IMG_5414.JPG .

If they want it they will get it no matter how many gadgets you add. That being said on one of my trucks I have a fuel and power shut off and really they are more for safety reasons but double as theft prevention.

As far as your jeep goes if it's a JK it might be difficult to add a fuel cut off being the pump is in the tank.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I thought about putting something in my Jeep. Then I remembered why I shell out a sh!t ton of money every year for insurance. If someone steals my Jeep, I'll call Progressive :yup:

Frydaddy

Google search "Jeep Kill Switch" The first thing that pops up is an article from The Road Chose Me. The guy details how hes hidden a switch behind a flexible panel, totally hidden. The dude is doing a two year trip around Africa right now.

TheGrendel

Google search "Jeep Kill Switch" The first thing that pops up is an article from The Road Chose Me. The guy details how hes hidden a switch behind a flexible panel, totally hidden. The dude is doing a two year trip around Africa right now.

side bar: that dude is a complete moron from everything i've seen.

aermotor

They can't steal your Jeep without the key from my understanding? So. If they want it, they are going to tow it away, that's what I would be more worried about. And there isn't anything you can do about that really.

On my 07 JK there was a kill switch spliced into one of the distro cap wires and it would only allow it to chug and turn but not start.

Frydaddy

side bar: that dude is a complete moron from everything i've seen.

Its true, some of his articles seem naive and generally misinformed. I would have gone about this a different way than how he did it, but the article seems well put-together, and i didn't even think about using the flex of a panel to hide a switch. I like the piece about the on-board water system.

Top Bottom