ProRock 60 Installed( Track Bar Question)

Munday

I have recently had my PR60's installed and finally was able to put a few KM's on the jeep this weekend . I wanted to ask what you guys that have PR60's and EVO hydro skid running for a front track bar? I had ACOS installed at the same time to level it out and think that the rig is now sitting to high and would like to drop it a few inches, but the RE bar that I have will not clear the front diff. Let me know what you guys think of the geometry on my front end, see any issues ?the reason I ask it I still have bump steer and figured the new set up would limit the wondering on the road a little .
image.jpg

Also here are the current measurements and a picture of me beside the rig. I'm 5'10 for reference . I know most if you are running EVO coils and around 4-5" of lift but trying to get an idea if how much I need to drop , I'm looking to site around 5.5-6" lift .
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21359518881.532366.jpg

33"to bottom of door
49" to center of head light
55" to center of door handle
54 1/4" to top of rear tail light

Any info would be great ,
Thanks guys

Last edited:

StrizzyChris

There are two basic rules for the best steering and thats
1-your track bar and drag link are as parallel to each other as possible
2-those two are then as parallel to the ground as possible(the main reason that you flip your drag link and raise the axle side of the track bar)
Cant tell by the angle of your pic, but it looks like your TB and DL are parallel. They do have a bit of a steep angle in reference to the ground. If you get your clearance issues solved and lower the lift, the bump steer should correct itself(provided they are adjusted correctly in length to re-center ur axle under the Jeep). Hope that makes sense :thinking:

Munday

Perfect, that is what I thought but wanted to check .I wanted to keep the jeep as low as possible but when I had the install completed this is the way it was done do to the clearance issue. Now to get some input of what people are running for their TB's with this set up .... Anyone ? Come on .... Just need some input so I can get this rig dialed in just right .
Also wondering if anyone can hit me up with some reference measurements similar to what I have so I know where Im sitting in comparison.
Thanks

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have recently had my PR60's installed and finally was able to put a few KM's on the jeep this weekend . I wanted to ask what you guys that have PR60's and EVO hydro skid running for a front track bar? I had ACOS installed at the same time to level it out and think that the rig is now sitting to high and would like to drop it a few inches, but the RE bar that I have will not clear the front diff. Let me know what you guys think of the geometry on my front end, see any issues ?the reason I ask it I still have bump steer and figured the new set up would limit the wondering on the road a little .

Wandering on the road is typically caused by a lack of positive caster. Correcting your steering geometry will not fix this. You're Jeep is riding on big tires and sitting way tall and that would effect your caster quite a bit. Assuming you have adjustable control arms, I would make sure that your lowers are set correctly so that your axle is properly located under your Jeep and then shorten up your uppers so that you have +4° of caster. That should help out with the wandering. As far as steering correction goes, I run EVO high steer setup with a factory track bar on my PR60.

Also here are the current measurements and a picture of me beside the rig. I'm 5'10 for reference . I know most if you are running EVO coils and around 4-5" of lift but trying to get an idea if how much I need to drop , I'm looking to site around 5.5-6" lift .

What I can tell you is that my big white rig running 40's sits about 6'-10" at it's highest point. By the looks of your Jeep, it's sitting about a foot taller than that.

JUNKYARD DOG

You are running about the same set up as I am except for your additional doors. I can't get the RE front uppers to adjust the proper caster mounting them to the PR60. Had to shave down the truss but still could not reach the optimal caster. RE said they didn't have any other options for the the arms (in 2011) but that may have changed though. RE is owned by 4wheelparts now. They just redesigned the rear uppers and will trade them 1 for 1, free. If you have had the kit for a while you should check all your bushings. The old style rubber bushings wore out fast if you putting it to the rocks. Daystar started making better bushings made of polyurethane for this kit. Some days I miss the old stock Rubicon...... Got 99 aftermarket problems but the jeep ain't one!

Munday

Assuming you have adjustable control arms, I would make sure that your lowers are set correctly so that your axle is properly located under your Jeep and then shorten up your uppers so that you have +4° of caster. That should help out with the wandering. As far as steering correction goes, I run EVO high steer setup with a factory track bar on my PR60.

Thank Eddie, I have talked with the guys that complete the install for me and Im going to be taking it in again in a few weeks to drop the ACOS's as low as I can and check the caster. I was great to get the jeep back but it has been in that shop for 4 1/2 months not getting worked on and to get it back and not be exactly what I wanted is a bit of a disappointment. I know that when It comes time for a suspension and future roll cage I will be taking a trip to the States....

You are running about the same set up as I am except for your additional doors. I can't get the RE front uppers to adjust the proper caster mounting them to the PR60.!

We could not even get the Upper RE arms to reach. I ended up going to the Full Traction Radius correction kit so that I did not have to deal with them at all. I also installed new Daystar bushings on everything well I had it out. If I could go back to 2008 and buy the lift I wanted , instead of a spear of the moment buy because it was in stock I would. I have been patching and making this work for to long. If I can get it squared away and wheel it for another 2 years I think It will be time to pull it all out and go with something else.

Last edited:

JUNKYARD DOG

Was a good kit for the 44s on 35s.... (what it was intended for) The 60s though are pulling it apart on the rocks. Still can wheel like a mad man but hard to keep it on the pavement.

JUNKYARD DOG

Found out that most of wondering on the road is coming from my front track bar deflecting.... which makes a lot of sense to me now being that the jeep wanted to jump or shift to the left on uneven pavement. The bushings are tight but the peak of the bend around the diff on the bar is weak and flexing when the weight of the jeep moves up and down.

Just found out that RE is putting some new up grade kits out that work with old components from their previous kits. To include a three link for the rear.

TheDuff

Maybe the teraflex monster track bar is the solution your looking for. It fallows the factory bends from what I can tell and is much more stout.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

JUNKYARD DOG

RE track bar was stout..... Planning on welding some ribs to it for now and see how she rolls. Firm believer in fixing what I have.

arashi

I know that when It comes time for a suspension and future roll cage I will be taking a trip to the States.....

I have to agree.

For my part in my head it's clear when I'll make a trip to california for my suspensions, I love what they do in the Offroad Evolution shop, also a few comment from friends I have only preach by them...

And since I don't have a tird of there knowledge on toppic, I'll go with the expert:)

JUNKYARD DOG

Fit a small gusset in the bend around the diff on the track bar. Rolling down these back country roads like a champ. Still A slight wander due to the caster but tolerable. Will be addressing that issue soon though.

Munday

Ok , So I took the jeep back a to the shop about a month ago before heading back to work to have it dropped down a few inches and to ensure the caster was in the +4 range as Eddie has mentioned . At this time I also had then put in a Teraflex Monster track bar to give me a little beter clearance on the front diff.The jeep drives better then It did before the new axles and 40's. The steering feels much tighter and the wondering has gone away for the most part.

Now for my next issue. As I mentioned the Jeep drives really well but the day I picked it up I put it in 4hi as we were getting a decent amount of snow when I did I fell almost a grind during each rotation of the front driveline. I did I not notice this last time I had picked up the Jeep as I only put on about 100km before it went back to the shop and I only had it in 4x4 for about 50ft just to ensure the lockers were engaging . I did not notice the felling at first and drove a few K's through town, but noticed it when pulling into a parking lot at really slow speed . I hate trying to describe these thinks but to me is a grinding feeling and you can hear as well. I was thinking a hub was not fully engaged as it is not an issues when in 2wd but everything looks good. I took it back and we put it on the lift unlocked the hubs and spun the driveshaft as I thought that could also be the issues as it feels like a uneven spot during each rotation, but everything looks to be clearing with out grinding. It also feels almost like it wants to slightly pull to the driver side when it happens .The guy at the shop figures it something with the ABS as this light has come on a few times as well, but this doesn't make much sense to me as its only in 4wd and the jeep is fine otherwise .Unfortunately I did not have time to unlock the hubs and drive it to see if its a hub issue or not, which I can't see as they are brand new axles.

Sorry for the long rant , but I anyone has any key areas to look to resolve this please let me know. This is so far the most painful process I have had to deal with, I'm goin on 6-7 months of it being in this shop. The only good thing is that I'm not going to Moab this year so that takes some stress away, but after this much time and money invested I just want to go wheeling .

Top Bottom