Diesel fuel additives: what are you using?

For us diesel owners, fuel & oil additives are essential for keeping our injectors, fuel systems, and high pressure oil systems working smoothly and efficiently. With that being said, what additives are you using?

I have been using some AMS Oil products but I think I'm going to try some Archoil products after watching some YouTube videos from powerstrokehelp.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Truthfully, I never used any additives other than anti gel in the winter. But I also changed my oil every 5k and fuel filter every 10k. When it's around 0 F in the winter, the wind chill under the vehicle right at the fuel tank can cause the fuel to gel up quick and the motor stalls. After the first time it happened to me, I always ran this stuff below in the winter only and never had any issues after that.

ps-1016-06-400.jpg

I'm sure in Florida, you can relate. :cheesy:

Truthfully, I never used any additives other than anti gel in the winter. But I also changed my oil every 5k and fuel filter every 10k. When it's around 0 F in the winter, the wind chill under the vehicle right at the fuel tank can cause the fuel to gel up quick and the motor stalls. After the first time it happened to me, I always ran this stuff below in the winter only and never had any issues after that.

View attachment 246021

I'm sure in Florida, you can relate. :cheesy:

This is good stuff even down here where its warm

Clifford98

That power service is the stuff right there I run it year around according to ford it replaces a lot of the lubricants lost when we switched to ultra low sulfur diesel. I put 8oz in my tank every time I fuel up it’s a small price to pay for not ruining the high pressure fuel pump

JKbrick

IMG_1012.JPG
This is what I use, have in 3 work trucks over 20+ years now. I wish I knew the truth but I really trust my mechanic and know he wouldn't lie to me. He said the power service product breaks up water and the water molecules are hard on the injectors, the same way a water jet works. The Stanadyne stuff keeps it bigger and you flush it out of the filter housing. Most people use nothing I think, just what I've been told.

In the colder climates diesel fuel is seasonally adjusted to prevent gelling so I have never used an additive. I drove a VW TDI for 400,000 miles without additives and its still purring so I'm not a big believer in using them. The only time I use additive is when my motorhome has a bunch of summer fuel in it and I top up with winter fuel, I throw some in to prevent the possibility of gelling.

Top Bottom