2 Door stretch. Comp cut. Tons. 40s

tuckn2s

I bought my jeep back in 2014 and a few days later it was lifted on 35 mtrs with a 3.5" lift. Knowing what my plans were thats about all I did to it knowing it would all come back apart sooner or later.

Well, 2.5 years later. I finally got started

The plans are 8-10" stretch. One tons from a 03 superduty. And coil overs

A few days after I bought it. 78k miles (today it has 81k)

IMG_0735.JPG

IMG_0736.JPG

Out wheeling with a few buddies

IMG_0739.JPG

IMG_0738.JPG

Hood louver

IMG_0737.JPG

Now onto the good stuff

I stripped the jeep down about 6 months ago. Traded the stock axles for a set of one tons. Had to much other stuff going on so I didn't have time to work on it. Nor wanted to heat my shop during the winter

IMG_0683.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

tuckn2s

03 ford Dana 60/sterling 10.5

IMG_0071.JPG IMG_0071.JPG

So after this point the jeep sat. And just a few days ago I came across a set of 03 ford axles on Craigslist. They had 5.13 gears and arb lockers front and rear. Also came with front and rear artec swap kits. Rear 4 link kit. Tie rod and drag link kit. Arb compressor. He was asking 6k for it all end I walked away with it for 3500 which was a steal.

So now I have all these parts and it's time to get to work

IMG_0701.JPG

IMG_0702.JPG

IMG_0703.JPG

More to come..

tuckn2s

Front tacked up

IMG_0709.JPG

IMG_0710.JPG

IMG_0711.JPG

IMG_0712.JPG

Cutting some control arms

IMG_0715.JPG

Will be using stock mounting locations on the rear. The arms are 9.5" longer then stock

The mounts will be beefed up. I couldn't see spending 400$ on synergy stretch brackets which mount the arms in roughly the same place as stock.

If I don't like it, nothing a grinder and welder can't fix

IMG_0717.JPG

Mocked up

IMG_0719.JPG

I was sent the wrong misalignment spacers for the heims so I just ordered new ones

Ordered a weld on rock krawler rear track bar mount
Synergy upper coil over mount, I will be using 12" travel shocks and coil spring for the time being till I can afford coilovers. When I do swap to coilovers I can simply unbolt the shocks and bolt in the coilovers in no time

IMG_0720.JPG

IMG_0723.JPG

And found a set of poison spyder crusher corners local that have been filled in and ready to cut them how I want. Will have them this week

IMG_0733.JPG

tuckn2s

Arb mounted

IMG_0718.JPG

Switches mounted. I need a rear locker switch cover if anyone has one

IMG_0732.JPG

More progress once parts start rolling in end of the week

For now I'm back to work on my f100

IMG_0609.JPG

Ddays

Hooked
So I've noticed that a lot of the guys that do the Sterling axle swaps tend to add the trusses. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen one done that isn't trussed.
Is there a reason for that? I mean, you're going to one ton axles in a relatively light weight vehicle. Do the sterling axles tend to bend or break?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So I've noticed that a lot of the guys that do the Sterling axle swaps tend to add the trusses. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen one done that isn't trussed.
Is there a reason for that? I mean, you're going to one ton axles in a relatively light weight vehicle. Do the sterling axles tend to bend or break?

People will tell you that you need the truss for the mounting brackets. I say BS. Jut get the brackets and weld them on. You shouldn't need a truss unless these axles aren't all they are cracked up to be

RebelconJk

They reinforce the bracket system, i haven't seen a company that makes the one ton bracket system without a truss. I guess it's there for the reinforcement aspect?

WJCO

Meme King
Some of them have the truss to mount on the upper arm bracket for a Johnny Joint but call it a bridge. It's not a full truss. And some of the rear ones have the bridge if you're going to run a triangulated 4 link. Basically it gives you a point to mount brackets above a pumpkin.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Love me a nice and low stretched 2 door. Look forward to seeing it finished. :thumb:

Ddays

Hooked
People will tell you that you need the truss for the mounting brackets. I say BS. Jut get the brackets and weld them on. You shouldn't need a truss unless these axles aren't all they are cracked up to be

They reinforce the bracket system, i haven't seen a company that makes the one ton bracket system without a truss. I guess it's there for the reinforcement aspect?

Some of them have the truss to mount on the upper arm bracket for a Johnny Joint but call it a bridge. It's not a full truss. And some of the rear ones have the bridge if you're going to run a triangulated 4 link. Basically it gives you a point to mount brackets above a pumpkin.

I would not want to run a truss on either axles, being the axles are already so heavy and should not need the reinforcement in the first place. Just my opinion

I thought all of these things but wasn't sure if there wasn't some other underlying reason for the trusses. I mean these are on 1 ton pickups with 10,000 GVRW's so I wouldn't think that extra reinforcement would be necessary.
Not trying to be a jackass, just wondered.

tuckn2s

The main reason I'm using the truss is because with the artec kit. All of the brackets are located off the truss. Sure I could have located the brackets and took the truss off. But I had it. And it was there. So why not use it. But no. A truss is totally not necessary at all with how strong these axles are to begin with.

Top Bottom