Knee Scooter (Purchase or Borrow): So-Cal Area

jesse3638

Hooked
I recently broke my fibula at work. As a result im in a cast for 8 weeks and crutches fucking suck! I'm too active and like the use of both my hands. If anyone in the So-Cal area has a knee scooter for sale or borrow or knows someone I'm all ears. Any help is greatly appreciated. For those that may not know what they are here is a pic.

timthumb.jpeg
No that's not me..haha

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

jkris

Haha! On a serious note. I never did. I sucked up the crutches for 3 weeks before saying fuck it and started walking on my cast. It got old really fast rubbing blisters under my armpits. If you live anywhere with stairs, the scooter might be less than ideal unless it's on 37s and 4 inches of lift.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Haha! On a serious note. I never did. I sucked up the crutches for 3 weeks before saying fuck it and started walking on my cast. It got old really fast rubbing blisters under my armpits. If you live anywhere with stairs, the scooter might be less than ideal unless it's on 37s and 4 inches of lift.

Yeah I did Vegas last weekend for my step-daughter's gymnastics meet. It's not very crutch friendly. I actually walked around for 10 days with it broken before it was casted up. They gave me crutches and a splint but do to the swelling it hurt a lot more so I ripped it off and just walked around on it. Needless to say the podiatrist was not happy with my decision and said I was lucky I did not make it worse requiring surgery. In my defense the Dr's said it was "possibly" fractured. I explained this and the podiatrist said there is no possibly about it, its broken...haha.

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
I've never used one, but I work in a building with long hallways so people are ALWAYS coming by on them. They can cruise on them too, way quicker than using crutches lol.

They make ones with 10" "All-terrain" tires. I'd be out rallying with the guys while they run if I had one of those...haha

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
They make ones with 10" "All-terrain" tires. I'd be out rallying with the guys while they run if I had one of those...haha

Just buy one of these...

article-0-0CC19B52000005DC-846_634x542.jpg

jesse3638

Hooked
How the hell did you break your fib at work!?

Decided to take on our two person auger 1-on-1 in our thunder dome of an engine bay. While trying to get it started it ran up to full throttle spun about one revolution and the handle took me out just above the ankle. It was one of those moments where you're telling yourself "OK now if this happens then it going to....WHAM....hurt me...:doh:

Last edited:

benatc1

Hooked
Having given these out to many athletes, they are about as much fun as your looking for, just be careful as they are pretty touchy turning at high speeds haha. Sucks you got hurt tho man, hope heal up quick!

jesse3638

Hooked
Having given these out to many athletes, they are about as much fun as your looking for, just be careful as they are pretty touchy turning at high speeds haha. Sucks you got hurt tho man, hope heal up quick!

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Can't lean into a corner like a bike..haha

ob_tj

Decided to take on our two person auger 1-on-1 in our thunder dome of an engine bay. While trying to get it started it ran up to full throttle spun about one revolution and the handle took me out just above the ankle. It was one of those moments where you're telling yourself "OK now if this happens then it going to....WHAM....hurt me...:doh:

Oh shit. Yeah that couldn't have felt good. I hate augers. That last time I used one was on a tree planting project we did with Cal Fire and I thought it broke both of my wrists.

JKbrick

There wouldn't happen to be cameras in your engine bay is there? It may possibly be funny when it stops hurting

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Can't lean into a corner like a bike..haha

Yea not quite the same, but hey can't hurt to try right! Side note and not sure how it is I so cal but here in Reno to rent one of those isn't bad but depending on long you need it it's cheaper to buy- might be worth a google- assuming you haven't already

Top Bottom