Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New! Rancho 4" CRAWLER short arm system

New! Rancho 4" CRAWLER short arm system

Our updated 4" CRAWLER system short arm system now comes with our updated progressive coil and our adjustable D2 heavy duty control arms and track bars.

The new progressive coil paired with the Rancho shock of your choice will give you a great ride both on and off-road.
    The new D2 bushings help absorb road noise, and harshness. These bushings are on the control arm (where they are rebuildable) and on the track bars too.
    Check with your favorite retailer on pricing.

AWWWWW Yeah!!!!
    Looks great!!

Good looking lift. Let us know how it rides.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

I've got the RS9000 shocks all around, set on #2 and I'm very satisfied! Only "complaint", for lack of a better word, is that the kit only comes with one set of extended brake lines & they actually appeared to be shorter than the factory lines. I ended up installing Crown Performance lines for the front and rear.

Looking into a drag link flip kit now, just to help out with some of the bump steer I believe I'm experiencing.

Overall, I'm very impressed!

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Looks great!
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Just a heads up.. anyone looking to run this lift with Rancho's dual steering stabilizer setup BEWARE. Since having my 4" kit installed, I had been experiencing clunks under my driver's side front wheel, especially when turning left. This lead me to find the sway bar link so loose that it was about to fall off. I torqued down the bolt & went about my business. A few days later, the clunking had returned. Sway bar link was loose again. After a thorough investigation, I found that the dual steering stabilizer bracket was actually coming in contact with the sway bar link. This not only put a gnarly gash in the link, but I'm thinking it was also contributing to the bolts vibrating loose. Since removing the dual setup, I've had no more clunking & the sway bar links are tight.. for now. Just a friendly heads up!

That's odd.
    Same system and dual brackets.
    No issues...

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanbottoms View Post
    Just a heads up.. anyone looking to run this lift with Rancho's dual steering stabilizer setup BEWARE. Since having my 4" kit installed, I had been experiencing clunks under my driver's side front wheel, especially when turning left. This lead me to find the sway bar link so loose that it was about to fall off. I torqued down the bolt & went about my business. A few days later, the clunking had returned. Sway bar link was loose again. After a thorough investigation, I found that the dual steering stabilizer bracket was actually coming in contact with the sway bar link. This not only put a gnarly gash in the link, but I'm thinking it was also contributing to the bolts vibrating loose. Since removing the dual setup, I've had no more clunking & the sway bar links are tight.. for now. Just a friendly heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by Rancho View Post
    That's odd.
    No issues...

I'll post some pictures of the damaged sway bar link when I get a chance this afternoon. Both the lift kit & stabilizers were installed by an authorized "Rancho Performance Dealer".

Quote Originally Posted by Rancho View Post
    That's odd.
    No issues...

Had I installed it myself, I guess I would have seen the two NOTES on the bracket's installation instructions shown in the screenshot..
    Screenshot_20170724-140816.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast