430n can't unlock maps

GraniteCrystal

This started a few days ago.

At startup I get these screens in order
IMG_20170305_135602.jpg

IMG_20170305_135606.jpg

And then no detailed maps, just major highways
IMG_20170305_135618.jpg

Lots of other people on the forums experience this and all have the entire unit replaced (ugh). I'm over 36k miles though so not under warranty. Anybody else had this issue and figured out a way to fix it?

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I had the same problem... took it to the stealership under warranty and they told me that I pinched the wire for the antenna when I installed the synergy grab bars in the rear. Such a fucking bullshit. The wire they pointed out was a wire for the rear speaker and antenna wire was just fine. I did a ton of research on this issue which all led to a dead end.
I ended up upgrading my entire sound system including a head unit anyway.... don't have to deal with that any more. Am sorry it sucks.

This is an issue with the head unit itself.

You should be able to get this done under warranty if you still have it. Don't take no shit from the Stealership.... they lie

I still have my factory head unit if anybody want....

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Well I didn't read all they through, I guess you don't have warranty anymore.
Like I said all the research I did lead to a dead end. I read that some of these units come with a cd that allows you to reset the radio. I didn't get one I don't know anybody that did.... sorry

jkris

I just started reading on this and wow, LOTS of people are having this issue with this radio. They did put out a TSB (TSB 08-038-15) on it. Basically all that have had this problem state that Chrysler had to replace the radio completely. If it were me I would try to at least see if the dealer won't try to get it replaced for free depending how far you are over 36,000 miles. Wouldn't hurt to try!

RMC2

Caught the Bug
My problem was the nav would just lock up on the startup screen, so yours goes a little farther. Under 36,000 but just over 36 months. After a few weeks it started working again. My guess is a bug in the nav software - with no fix. Everything else seemed to work just fine.

Owen19

Happened to my 430n before. Screen always freezes on maps/nav. Dealer replaced it under warranty. After reading, this is not an isolated case. So I sold it when I got the replacement unit and just replaced it with a 2 din Pioneer and got a few hundred back in my pocket for upgrades.

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
My nav locks up and will not work. I have tried to update the firmware but after a lengthy search found out it is the motherboard. These units are prone to going bad quickly and the only fix is to replace. I did find a guy on the internet that repairs these units, however, it will cost 500.00 or better. Your better off buying an after market head unit.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Speedy_RCW

Hooked

View attachment 246974

View attachment 246975

View attachment 246976

Lots of other people on the forums experience this and all have the entire unit replaced (ugh). I'm over 36k miles though so not under warranty. Anybody else had this issue and figured out a way to fix it?

Just happened to mine recently. Same error messages. Had to get the unit replaced by the dealership under warranty.

GraniteCrystal

So I'm in a pickle. I've spoken to my local dealership and Chrysler Customer Service.

Option A: bring the Jeep into dealership. They diagnose and verify that 430n needs to be replaced. From there it can go one of two ways. First way, Chrysler decides I'm a good customer and they cover the cost or part of the cost for me to be nice. Second way, Chrysler decides they aren't going to be nice and they aren't obligated to fix it for me since I'm over 36k miles. In that case, I'm out the $185 for the dealership to verify/diagnose the issue.

Option B: I scrap the unit and replace with aftermarket. Ouch. Would love to not have to put money into that.

Option C: I live with it. All navigation capabilities are gone. It's basically back to being a radio (I never use it to play DVDs).

Suggestions? Anybody know a way to help guarantee Chrysler would play nice and cover me? Interestingly, they said it comes down to how loyal of a customer do they think I am. Do they not know how much I post on here?! :cheesy:

swbca

"Can't Unlock Maps" IS NOW FIXED

View attachment 246974

View attachment 246975

View attachment 246976

This problem is caused by a failed Navigation Board. You can get a replacement at https://mygig-disk.com/rhb-navboard.php OEM Maps are installed on the replacement Navigation Board.
navboard.png

Top Bottom