Wave from the SF Bay Area

Killjoy

Hi Everyone.
I found this site while searching for information on the difference between a Dana 30 and a Dana 44. There was so much great information here, I decided to dive right in and join the fun.

I am looking for my first Jeep Wrangler, and trying to decipher a lot of the information before making that big purchase. What year? What Mods? Lift? Gears? Tires? Do I buy one where it's stock and do the mods myself? Do I buy one that has some to most if not all the mods done and hope they are done right?
I do know that I want a 6 cylinder and not a 4, and I want a manual transmission as I'd also like to be able to tow it behind a truck or camper.

A little about my name. Back in the 80's my girlfriend and I (now my wife) stepped into a Virtual Reality gaming place. They told us we had to pick a nickname, or a callsign. Since this was around the time of "Top Gun", people were of course picking names like Iceman and Maverick. I thought those were a little droll. So I chose my name from a different movie. If you've ever seen the movie "The Ice Pirates", you'll know that John Matuszak played the roll of Killjoy. He ran around ruining everyone else's fun. Since that's what I was there to do (basically, win) I took that name. It just stuck with me through all my photography forums etc. If you haven't seen the movie, don't bother. LOL

Thanks.

Top Bottom