Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Eddie, the way you interact with people on here - you would've gotten you fired

Banned

Eddie, the way you interact with people on here - you would've gotten you fired

Edit*** You seriously moved this whole thing to make it look like I started a thread against Eddie??? You guys are hilarious! I freaking LOVE IT!! Because moving here doesn't take this whole thread out of context AT ALL. Genius!

I get that mistakes happen sometimes. I feel like you did the right thing, offering a refund. He asked for the decals to just be sent, which I feel is also fair.

I don't get the point of you posting this up though. It's like those dog shaming photos you see everywhere. I get being upset, concerning his response to you, because that was a little bit out there...but this issue is between you, the owner, and him, your customer.

Seems a little childish to post this up, after you reached a resolution with him.

I've been in and out of these forums and a WAL fan for years. Whether it was following some great builds, searching for solutions for little issues here and there, or watching the amazing JK Experience and other off-road videos. Sometimes, it's like this site is reminiscent of an old western movie. What is there to gain from dragging this guy out into the street? For everyone to see you set an example? "Have an issue, or don't agree with something...let's see what the entire forum thinks"

Like the previous people stated, for those who understand all you and Cindy do for this group and how you two keep it running smooth...think this guys reaction to a minor slip up is ridiculous. The ones who don't get that...don't matter. So there's no need to publicly shame this guy. Unless you just like publicly shaming people.

Originally posted here:
    http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4...ot-shoddy-quot
    Last edited by aWIGHTguy; 03-07-2017 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aWIGHTguy View Post
    I get that mistakes happen sometimes. I feel like you did the right thing, offering a refund. He asked for the decals to just be sent, which I feel is also fair.

I don't get the point of you posting this up though. It's like those dog shaming photos you see everywhere. I get being upset, concerning his response to you, because that was a little bit out there...but this issue is between you, the owner, and him, your customer.

Seems a little childish/vindictive to post this up, after you reached a resolution with him.

I've been in and out of these forums and a WAL fan for years. Whether it was following some great builds, searching for solutions for little issues here and there, or watching the amazing JK Experience and other off-road videos. But now that I've made the attempt to be more active on the forums, I see a lot crazy stuff. It's like this site is reminiscent of an old western movie. What is there to gain from dragging him out into the street? For everyone to see you set an example? "Have an issue, or don't agree with something...let's see what the entire forum thinks"

Like the previous people stated, for those who understand all you and Cindy do for this group and how you two keep it running smooth...think this kind of reaction to a minor slip up is ridiculous. The ones who don't get that...don't matter. So there's no need to publicly shame this guy. Unless you just like publicly shaming people.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Did you not read what he posted?!? He did this as an informative post letting everyone know that if a mistake is made, it wasn't meant, and he is sorry. He just used this Slade douchebag as an example where a mistake was made and the guy was an asshole about it.

You'll forgive me but I didn't "offer" anything. If you took the time to read, you'd know that I "gave" him a refund but apparently, that wasn't what he wanted. When I accidentally left out .50¢, he accused me of being "shoddy".

Nobody is asking you to get the point. Since you seemed to have missed it, this is my home on the internet. I pay for it to exist so that people like you can use it for free and I can do what I want on it. Don't like it, start up your own forum and run it however you'd prefer.

Seems a little childish/vindictive to post this up, after you reached a resolution with him.
    LOL!! Seems a little childish for you to post this up. You make it sound as this Garnett guy and I had actually agreed to something.

I've been in and out of these forums and a WAL fan for years. Whether it was following some great builds, searching for solutions for little issues here and there, or watching the amazing JK Experience and other off-road videos. But now that I've made the attempt to be more active on the forums, I see a lot crazy stuff.
    Funny, for a guy who's been following us for years, I'm surprised that you just now are seeing "a lot of crazy stuff". It's almost as if you wouldn't have been able to see any of this if you hadn't become "more active".

It's like this site is reminiscent of an old western movie. What is there to gain from dragging him out into the street? For everyone to see you set an example? "Have an issue, or don't agree with something...let's see what the entire forum thinks"
    Well, we did make a video called "WILD WILD WEST" once. Look pal, don't like what you see, do everyone a favor and spend more of your time on a forum that feels more reminiscent of a chick flick.

Like the previous people stated, for those who understand all you and Cindy do for this group and how you two keep it running smooth...think this kind of reaction to a minor slip up is ridiculous. The ones who don't get that...don't matter. So there's no need to publicly shame this guy. Unless you just like publicly shaming people.
    LOL!! Right, you mean kind of like how you feel the need to preach at me or should I say, "publicly shame" me with your self-righteousness.

Thanks for playing.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Did you not read what he posted?!? He did this as an informative post letting everyone know that if a mistake is made, it wasn't meant, and he is sorry. He just used this Slade douchebag as an example where a mistake was made and the guy was an asshole about it.
    Read what I said?

Quote Originally Posted by Hot94Z28 View Post
    I remember when you sent me two windshield decals, I emailed and PM'ed you and you got back with me within the day and said your bad just keep the extra decal. Seemed like a cool thing to do to me.
    Like I was trying to say in my post, I try hard not to but I do make mistakes. For that, I do apologize.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    I got that part. You're missing the part where it's unnecessary to publicly shame him. He could have just stated he had recently had an incident with a customer not receiving part of his order, and the customer didn't take it well....and then make his informative post. We all understand that mistakes aren't meant to happen...hence "mistake". Also, you seemed to miss that I said those who can't rationalize that mistakes happen (and getting a no questions asked refund), do not matter. Making this post moot. Unless he was just out to publicly shame the dude. Dudes a douche, I get it, I agree. But that doesn't justify a similar over the top reaction.

I got that part. You're missing the part where it's unnecessary to publicly shame him. He could have just stated he had recently had an incident with a customer not receiving part of his order, and the customer didn't take it well....and then make his informative post. We all understand that mistakes aren't meant to happen...hence "mistake". Also, you seemed to miss that I said those who can't rationalize that mistakes happen (and getting a no questions asked refund), do not matter. Making this post moot. Unless he was just out to publicly shame the dude. Dudes a douche, I get it, I agree. But that doesn't justify a similar over the top reaction.

He can run this place however he sees fit, it's his show. One thing I love about this place is the transparency. If he wants to post something like that up, he can. Even if it offends the faint of heart such as yourself. Perks of being the owner of the forum.

IMG_0091.JPG

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I got that part but of course, when it comes to you, things are different. You could have just sent me a PM about how all this offends you but then, you wouldn't have gotten a chance to post up your self-righteous over the top reaction and for all to see.

Your screen name rubbed me the wrong way from your first post. It may not mean anything or being you're in GA it may mean how I took it. I could have PM'd you to tell you this but I honestly don't think you'll care. Just like we don't really care about your perspective and opinion. That's the greatest thing about this country. Freedom of speech, no matter how hurtful, distasteful, left, or right it is. In other places he'd have been drug out in the street and shot for his message. Just saying.
    Last edited by jesse3638; 03-07-2017 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Capitalization and Punctuation

Banned

Eddie, the way you interact with people on here - you would've gotten you fired

Eddie, I've stood up for you on numerous forums for people bashing you about being petty, because I had never witnessed it and seen nothing but the exact opposite from you. Like I said I normally came on here to check out build threads and DIY fixes. I guess that's why I haven't seen a lot crazy stuff on here before now.

Also man, offered/gave....whatever you wanna call it. You're just trying to nitpick now. If I told you I had a homeless man approach me and I offered to buy him dinner, what would you assume? That I walked away or I did it? You're being semantical.

All I was saying was that if you think it's ok to treat your customers/forum members, and people who've been following this group for years like this...I disagree. I don't think it's professional.

Look Eddie, I love this group and its members. What I don't like is this petty stuff. You call him out for bitching about $0.50, so you post up this whole thing to bitch about him bitching about $0.50. I see this a great organization and a great group of people who share a passion, and want to have a good time. Not bitch about crap and flame people on the internet. Which is what this post seemed set out to do, and accomplished.

Thanks for leading.

Last edited by aWIGHTguy; 03-07-2017 at 05:13 AM.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast