Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 165

Thread: Eddie, the way you interact with people on here - you would've gotten you fired

  1. #11
    Nothing but a Thing benatc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    2,068
    Why do people who are douches have to be protected? Oh wait, I just remembered this is the internet and you can't offend anyone unless your ready to be tough behind your keyboard. Seems to me that he called him out partly because he isn't afraid one way or another nor does he care if that guys gets offended and leaves. I could be wrong but I see this as his was of apologizing for random mistakes and showing that he does his best to make it right, while some people think he is a corporation it's far from it. I think Eddie has mentioned before that he still cares about things like integrity and respect, but hey what do I know I'm just a scrawny little guy with big fingers to type with


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

  2. #12
    Knows a Thing or Two jkris's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by aWIGHTguy View Post
    I got that part. You're missing the part where it's unnecessary to publicly shame him. He could have just stated he had recently had an incident with a customer not receiving part of his order, and the customer didn't take it well....and then make his informative post. We all understand that mistakes aren't meant to happen...hence "mistake". Also, you seemed to miss that I said those who can't rationalize that mistakes happen (and getting a no questions asked refund), do not matter. Making this post moot. Unless he was just out to publicly shame the dude. Dudes a douche, I get it, I agree. But that doesn't justify a similar over the top reaction.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I don't see it as retaliation. The guy got his buttpussy hurt over fucking stickers and .50 cents...
    Everyone makes mistakes once in a while, Eddie admitted that, tried to make amends, but the guy wasn't having it. What this clearly shows is integrity on eddies part. It shows good faith on Eddies part. And with the hate this guy is sending out, it's good for him to clear the air in a transparent way. I'm sure this guy will try to go out of his way to defame Eddie so I think the air is cleared with him posting this.
    I'll be ordering stickers tonight. Something I should have done long ago but just haven't gotten around to it. Integrity and honesty go a long way with me and I would be honored to do business with you.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I bet you measure your dick from your asshole. -piginajeep

  3. #13
    Knows a Thing or Two Kalums's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    889
    See that's what's wrong with society today, so many people get so offended and bent out of shape... About what? About fifty cents or about how someone else runs thier own business. If someone wants to publicly "shame" someone else... They just might deserve it but again heaven forbid someone get called out on being inconsiderate or petty. Or someone run their own business as they see fit.

    Sent from my LG-LS997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

  4. #14
    Knows a Thing or Two Zstairlessone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    649
    Plus the guy tells Eddy he didn't get his order, when told it shipped all of a sudden it becomes - yeah, got one but not the rest about 4 days ago. Where's the integrity there? Oh, by the way I did get part of my order now that you mention it....

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    33

    Eddie, the way you interact with people on here - you would've gotten you fired

    Eddie can take offense to this guy's reaction and flame him. No else can be offended and post about it though.

    As has been made apparent by his responses to me, just saying this wasn't necessary, and everyone else taking offense to my post...it's just a different viewpoint that you don't like.

    "I'm protecting him". Really? My friends should hate me then...since I called him a douche too and said he was overreacting. But that's protecting him. Got it. See what fits your narrative and nothing else.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by aWIGHTguy; 03-07-2017 at 05:15 AM.

  6. #16
    Knows a Thing or Two jkris's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by aWIGHTguy View Post
    Eddie, I've stood up for you on numerous forums for people bashing you about being petty, because I had never witnessed it and seen nothing but the exact opposite from you. Like I said I normally came on here to check out build threads and DIY fixes. I guess that's why I haven't seen a lot crazy stuff on here before now.

    Also man, offered/gave w/e you wanna call it. You're just trying to nitpick now. If I told you I had a homeless man approach me and I offered to by him dinner, what would you assume? That I walked away or I did it? You're being semantical.

    "It's mine and I'll do what I want!" There's the childish again.
    Yeah you pay for the forum. Without the people, the fans, the members, there wouldn't be a forum. All I was saying was that if you think it's ok to treat/mouth off to your customers/forum members, and people who've been following this group for years, because it's yours and you can do w/e you want....Then don't bash people who say or do things you don't like. They're just following your example. Maybe that's why I came off childish in your eyes. I learned from the boss man.

    Look pal, I love this group and its members. What I don't like is this petty stuff. You call him out for bitching about $0.50, so you post up this whole thing to bitch about him bitching about $0.50. I see this a great org of people who share a passion, and want to have a good time. Not bitch about crap and flame people on the internet. Which is what this post set out to do, and accomplished.

    Thanks for leading.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I guess if a leader of yours was to jump off a cliff you would follow suit? Please....
    He was very cordial up until the prick called him shoddy. I would have taken that personal myself. But hey man if you feel the need to defend an asshole go right ahead... I am pretty tired of seeing people think they can be shitty to someone and get away with it just because they think they are entitled to some kind of back bending service. Visit a foreign country and you would be surprised at the response or lack there of when you act the way that guy did.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I bet you measure your dick from your asshole. -piginajeep

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    33

    My apologies if you think a mistake I made makes me a little "shoddy"

    Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    Your screen name rubbed me the wrong way from your first post. It may not mean anything or being you're in GA it may mean how I took it. I could have PM'd you to tell you this but I honestly don't think you'll care. Just like we don't really care about your perspective and opinion. That's the greatest thing about this country. Freedom of speech, no matter how hurtful, distasteful, left, or right it is. In other places he'd have been drug out in the street and shot for his message. Just saying.
    I would have loved for you to PM me. I could have told you that it's where my family is from, the Isle of Wight. And I'm a guy. But you assume that because I live in GA, and you can draw some strange relation (the color is spelled white btw) that I must be racist. Got it. Lol

    It's ok though I get it. Game of thrones uses the same spelling for their Wight Walkers. Meaning undead monster, and I take offense to that relation as well haha


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  8. #18
    Nothing but a Thing benatc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    2,068
    Like you have an opinion on the matter others are allowed to have an opinion on your post, and I never said YOU were protecting him, but YOU are standing up for him not being "publicly shamed" whether you think he is a douche or not is now irrelevant. I was making a statement that people shouldn't have to be protected if they want to be an asshole, stand up, be a man and take it when someone blasts you for it. But like you said I'll just keep seeing my narrative cause it's my narrative


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

  9. #19
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    42,986
    Quote Originally Posted by aWIGHTguy View Post
    Eddie, I've stood up for you on numerous forums for people bashing you about being petty, because I had never witnessed it and seen nothing but the exact opposite from you.
    Well, if you say you've stood up for me on numerous forums for people bashing me, it must be true. I had never witnessed it but I am seeing the exact opposite from you here and now.

    Like I said I normally came on here to check out build threads and DIY fixes. I guess that's why I haven't seen a lot crazy stuff on here before now.
    Well, perhaps you should spend more of your time checking out build threads and DIY fixes instead of preaching at me with all your crazy stuff now.

    Also man, offered/gave w/e you wanna call it. You're just trying to nitpick now. If I told you I had a homeless man approach me and I offered to by him dinner, what would you assume? That I walked away or I did it? You're being semantical.
    Right, kind of like you just got done telling me how "you've stood up for me on numerous forums for people bashing me". Whatever am I to assume. Clearly, semantics.

    "It's mine and I'll do what I want!"
    But, this forum is mine just like my house is mine and my Jeeps are mine. I paid for them and I will do what I want with all of them.

    There's the childish again.
    And there's the childish again from you.

    Yeah you pay for the forum. Without the people, the fans, the members, there wouldn't be a forum.
    You make it sound like I created my forum to be some kind of popularity contest. Sorry pal, Cindy and I created this forum for ourselves. Again, this is OUR home on the internet and guys like you are guests that get to use it for free. We are glad that so many people enjoy the write-ups we've written, the videos we've posted and the help we offer and we love the fun we have with everyone but you're kidding yourself if you really think I'd loose any sleep if a guy like you weren't here.

    All I was saying was that if you think it's ok to treat/mouth off to your customers/forum members, and people who've been following this group for years, because it's yours and you can do w/e you want....Then don't bash people who say or do things you don't like.
    Funny, I don't recall "mouthing off" to anyone I will say that if you don't like the way I treat customers/forum members, and people who've been following WAYALIFE for years, nobody is making you stay. This forum is mine and you are a guest using it on my dime. I don't ever recall asking you to be here and I won't miss you if you leave.

    They're just following your example. Maybe that's why I came off childish in your eyes. I learned from the boss man.
    Just calling it like I see it boss. Don't like what you hear, you probably should think more carefully about the things you say.

    Look pal, I love this group and its members. I see this a great org of people who share a passion, and want to have a good time. Not bitch about crap and flame people on the internet. Which is what this post set out to do, and accomplished.
    Look pal, I couldn't care less what you love. The people here at WAYALIFE are great and many are people I'm proud to call my friend. You want to have a good time here, don't be such a self-righteous bitch - something you're being and accomplishing well.

    Thanks for leading.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by jkris View Post
    I guess if a leader of yours was to jump off a cliff you would follow suit? Please....
    He was very cordial up until the prick called him shoddy. I would have taken that personal myself. But hey man if you feel the need to defend an asshole go right ahead... I am pretty tired of seeing people think they can be shitty to someone and get away with it just because they think they are entitled to some kind of back bending service. Visit a foreign country and you would be surprised at the response or lack there of when you act the way that guy did.
    I agree, I said that the way he handled the situation was very fair. He offered to refund the guy instantly, no questions asked. That's great! I just don't see the point in putting this one dude on blast....on the entire forum. That was my only issue. I could care less about this guy, but I'm sick of seeing this crap everywhere. Eddie got butthurt that someone called him names, so he posted it online to flame him. If all Eddie wanted to do was acknowledge that "Hey, we're human....we mess up from time to time" it would've received the same response as his post apologizing for the forums being down a few days ago. "No need to apologize.....we're all thankful for all you do for this community"....etc... But the post followed this (prior to mine) were things like "that guys a dick", "he's special", "don't let the bastards get you down". Most the people responded....targeting this douche who couldn't be appeased. Who needs this sort of negative crap in their lives? Why bring negativity onto this forum?

    That was what I was getting it...since I apparently didn't make that clear. I apologize if it came out any other way. Eddie, I'm sorry you took my response as an affront to you, it wasn't intended to get under your skin or illicit the response you felt was warranted towards me. I just said I don't understand the need to flame him, if all you truly cared about was saying, If we've screwed up an order for any WAL'ers, sorry.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS