Upgrade to 35 spline?

BeardedJK

I’m getting ready to re-gear (5.13) and thinking I should go ahead and lock the rear at the same time. Planning on going with an ARB, but not sure if I should go with 30 spline or upgrade to the 35 spline?

Obvious advantage to 35 spline is the increased strength, but worried about moving weak point to ring and pion and would have to purchase new shafts. If I stay with 30 spline I could keep stock shafts as spares and would be a little cheaper.

I’m currently on 35s but plan on moving up to 37s once I need new tires in a few years. I don’t wheel anything hardcore, have a couple ORV parks within a few hours of where I live but I’m still new to the game and haven’t made it to any of the blacks yet..

Current Setup
07 Sahara, Auto
rubi front 44 / non-rubi rear 44, 4:10 gears

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
eh, the whole making your axle shaft the fuse thing is kind of silly to me. More times than not, IF you were to have a rear shaft break, it'll be down at the splines and can still jack up your diff in the end. At least, that's what I have seen. If it were me, I would go with the 35 splines.

metalic

I ran 30 spline Ten Factory shafts and have twisted several and broke 2. Both breaks happened in the splines. First one tore up my arb housing and had to replace half the case and luckily the second time it didn't. I've went 35 and kick myself for not doing it from the start.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I ran 30 spline Ten Factory shafts and have twisted several and broke 2. Both breaks happened in the splines. First one tore up my arb housing and had to replace half the case and luckily the second time it didn't. I've went 35 and kick myself for not doing it from the start.

This ^^^^ :yup:

hhunter050

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app
Were you running a stock rear driveshaft? Also what size tires?

Sent from my SM-G935T using WAYALIFE mobile app

BeardedJK

So....almost a year and a half later and I still have the gear set, locker and compressor sitting in the garage. Trying to decide what shafts to go with, thinking either Dynatrac or Revolution....any advantage of one over the other?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

So....almost a year and a half later and I still have the gear set, locker and compressor sitting in the garage. Trying to decide what shafts to go with, thinking either Dynatrac or Revolution....any advantage of one over the other?

Not really. We sell both because they’re both great companies that sell great products. Flip a coin.

Lojo

This is why I love this place!!! I also have a Sahara and am gathering ideas for upgrades. The experience and knowledge of all the members here is priceless!!! Thank you all!!!

Top Bottom