NEW Jeep JL Wrangler SPY SHOTS - Removable Hard Top Panels & Side Steps

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
WJCO just sent me a link to new spy shots that were posted up on motor1.com and in the event you haven't seen them, I thought I would share them here with you. As the title of their article points out, the hard top seen definitely has the JK style Freedom Top front panels but there are features along the back side of that do point to what we've been hearing and seeing and that's a modular top that can be taken apart completely. Also, what isn't mentions are the new Sahara style side steps that can be seen and I'm sure there are other things that I've missed. Give the pics a look and please let us know what you see and/or think of them. :yup:

2018 Jeep Wrangler spied with removable panels in its roof
BY: CHRIS BRUCE, Editor

Taking off the panels lets occupants enjoy the fresh air, but they can go back into place if the weather gets bad.

Our suspicions are apparently correct about the 2018 Jeep Wrangler getting a roof with removable panels akin what's available on the existing Renegade. A fresh batch of spy photos shows the upcoming off-roader testing with the new top, and it appears to be a great way to combine open-air motoring while retaining some roll-over protection.

http://www.motor1.com/news/138615/jeep-wrangler-removable-roof-photos/

FuriousDz

definitely curious to see if the entire top is removable and if a soft top is still going to be an option.

When I bought my 17 the salesman was saying he still wasnt sure if they were going to offer a completely removable top. He was pretty certain that they did away with the fold down windshield which is illegal here in Jersey anyway. For me the ability to remove the top and doors are a big part of what makes a jeep a jeep.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Looking more like a JK every time I see it

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Agreed. I guess I was hoping for something quite a bit different from the JK.

definitely curious to see if the entire top is removable and if a soft top is still going to be an option.

When I bought my 17 the salesman was saying he still wasnt sure if they were going to offer a completely removable top. He was pretty certain that they did away with the fold down windshield which is illegal here in Jersey anyway. For me the ability to remove the top and doors are a big part of what makes a jeep a jeep.

I definitely feel the same. If it weren't for being able to drop the top and remove the doors, I can honestly think of better vehicles to drive. Those things are what make the Wrangler to me.

ljvsnyder

looks like the top is the same, I like the built in grab handles. means the plastic will be much stronger and more like what is in the rams.

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
looks very much like a JKU HT..... not sure how much is hidden under those camo stickers, enlarging the pictures isn't very convincing either.Wait and see when those wrappers come off.

SilverBack

I think it will be a Jeep and nearly every Jeep owner will love it in a few years. Hell, I hated the JK when they did away with the TJ, hated the JKU and now have one and love it! There will never be a vehicle that meets everyone's expectations or desires but I think Jeep isn't stupid enough to mess up THE JEEP wrangler.

tanmanjk

I think it will be a Jeep and nearly every Jeep owner will love it in a few years. Hell, I hated the JK when they did away with the TJ, hated the JKU and now have one and love it! There will never be a vehicle that meets everyone's expectations or desires but I think Jeep isn't stupid enough to mess up THE JEEP wrangler.

+1 on this. Change is inevitable. They have to keep up with the demands of regulation. At some point in time they'll have to move away from oil and develop engines that run off of other fuels.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
It looks like the rain catch extends all the length of the top instead of just the doors like the current JK. I really like the idea of the modular hardtop especially, if it turns out to be really easy to break down and leave at either a camp site or hotel when I go wheeling.

SilverBack

It looks like the rain catch extends all the length of the top instead of just the doors like the current JK. I really like the idea of the modular hardtop especially, if it turns out to be really easy to break down and leave at either a camp site or hotel when I go wheeling.

I think there will be a lot of light weight rain gutter mounted roof racks as well. The Mercedes G wagon and Land Rover discovery use these type of racks that are modular and easy to install and remove.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom