Random questions?

wanderer

trying to prioritize the items tot do to my jeep and looking at budgets.
Is there any thing wrong with discount tire wheels? I see some style that I like a lot and they are more that 100 bucks less per wheel than say some of the more well known brands?

what about hoods I see I can get the Mopar power dome hood or an AEV hood for around 870 Is it worth it terms of keeping your motor cooler they both look very nice .

Trail JK

I guess it depends on what you're looking to do with your jeep. Both the mods you mentioned are not a priority in my opinion when you're looking to prioritize a list of mods for a rock crawler. That said, wheels and hoods are nice if you're just wanting to make a couple of upgrades to customize your jeep look.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

I've ran two sets of DT brand wheels and their quality is on par with any other set of wheels I've ran! I'd recommend them!

And as far as the hood, it all depends on your budget. In my opinion, $900 for a hood is steep and it's money that could be put towards other mods that could better benefit you on the trail.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
I wouldn't get a hood to cool. You could put some vents in for cheap if you want to get hot air out. I've tried the vents and hood which didn't help my JK or CJ7 with their overheating problems. Had to fix the real problem and not cover it up.

Edit. The hoods look cool but don't make a big enough difference for the money.
Save your money for more important upgrades.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I've never overheated, but the mopar does look cool. I did it just for looks, didn't notice any heat reduction. Here's some valuable advice- if you get a mopar hood, buy from a local dealer. I did and took it to the body shop for paint and it was bent. They don't package them very good and the corner was bent. I took it right back to the dealer and he ordered me a new one. He mentioned about half the mopar body parts he gets in are damaged and have to be sent back. I'm soooo glad I didn't mail order it or I would have been screwed.

Last edited:

DGUTS

I've purchased my last two sets of tires from Discount Tire, and I bought Level 8 Tracker wheels with the most recent set. They weren't my top pick, but they were a good compromise when I had to carve $500 out of my overall project to meet my budget.

JAGS

Hooked
^ Yup, I'm actually running the the older model level 8 Z wheels. They have an optional ring guard. Though not a true beadlock, the level 8s are manufactured with a more pronounced inner lip, so you get some extra internal beadlock effects.

Been running them for 3 years now and no complaints. Again, not a true beadlock, but it hasn't prevented me from running the trails I want.

Top Bottom