ARB twin compressor pressure switch replacement

wjtstudios

Hooked
Has anyone had to replace a pressure switch on a ARB twin compressor. Its the silver switch mounted between the two compressors with a yellow and purple wire coming out. I am having a difficult time removing the old with out taking the entire unit off the MORE mount under the hood. Is there a trick that I am missing? I'd hate to disassemble the entire mount to remove the compressor, but looks like direction that I am about to take. Thanks for the help and ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Mine came with an exploded view diagram in the instructions. Is there maybe something there that would show more? Why do you need to remove it?

wjtstudios

Hooked
The original pressure switch failed. ARB sent me a replacement and I have attempted to get the original one out but it is very tight (in space to work with and secured to the compressor). It also worries me that the switch looks like it is mounted into a plastic housing. Having it on the MORE bracket has made if challenging to access. Unfortunately Uninstalling the bracket looks like the next step so I can get the compressor down and on my bench to work on. I was hoping someone else had replaced the switch and had an easier time at it and could give me a little insight on how it went down.

wjtstudios

Hooked
After staring at the compressor, I figured out a simple way to access the pressure switch this afternoon with out removing the entire compressor and mount out of the engine bay. First you remove the upper cover exposing the pressure switch. There are two 10 mm bolts, one below the pressure switch and one above and to the left. The upper left bolt comes off first removing the port that the air output mounts too. See the first picture. I have the bolts backed out to make it clear where they are The bolt below comes out second removing the lower air assembly where the pressure switch is located. See the second picture. Take that subassembly out and then it is easy to remove and replace the switch. Reverse the steps and reassemble. Make sure you test the seals before you close the whole unit back up. Hope this saves someone some time and headaches if their pressure switch fails. IMG_7234.jpg IMG_7233.jpg

2015 JKUR AEV

Top Bottom