Update your programmer before axle re-gear.

Crack Axle

Had my axles re-geared from 4.1 to 5.13. Used my Flashcal to update the jeep. Looked like it worked but the jeep went into limp mode and the AT would not shift properly. Had to drive 70 miles home on back roads so I could keep the RPMs below 4000 (50 mph). Finally got to a PC, updated the software on my Flashcal, and updated the jeep again. All is fine now.

Sharing my lesson learned ---- update your programmer software beforehand.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the heads up. I finally picked up a flashcal today. I have been running 35s and now 37s on stock gears, TPmS light on constantly and I have gears and a front axle on their way. My first time plugging into my computer the unit had to install 300+ updates [emoji15]. Gotta say though the flashcal sure is easy to use and navigate through once it is set up.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
How is the power now since you did gears? And at what RPM's are you at 70+mph? Thanks....

I have every thing done but the gears lol. They should be here within a couple of weeks but I had to replace my tires so I did the 37s knowing it would be a dog for a while. I can tell you with 37s on 373s 6th is useless unless going down hill, I can use 5th on freeway flats, and in order to climb a couple grades around me I have to drop her into 3rd [emoji23]

My gears can't get here fast enough.

Top Bottom