Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: VIDEO : CALAMITY JANE - A Calamity No More / Our Jeep CJ5 Renegade Completed [Part 7]

Troncalli Jeep Representative longarmwj's Avatar
    Absolutely awesome series and great results. You truly have some beautiful country to drive Jane through too
    Captain Imachurity
    2003 WJ Build Thread
    2017 Gobi JKU Build Thread
    2016 Renegade Sport Build Thread

Jane is a beaut!
    Just a 2.8 four banger diesel Jk Sahara with aev 2.5 dualsport xt lift and premium bumper and Cooper ST MAxx tires in 33"......

Been Around the Block HoosierWolf's Avatar
    Looks great! You guys did a terrific job. I'm a little sad the project is over though. I really enjoyed the Calamity Jane video series. Will there be one with her wheeling or overlanding/exploring as soon as the weather gets warmer?

Just finished watching the entire series all over again. A few questions:

1) how did you decide to leave the windshield frame black and not paint it blue to match? Just preference?

2) what were the power tools you used the most for the job? If I do a restoration, plan on spending a few hundred on some new tools to make it easier

3) did you consider doing a frame off restoration? What stopped you from taking the body off? Did you do anything to help the frame out?

Huge thanks for documenting it all. So valuable to me as I consider doing similar to a Scrambler or CJ7. Great job Eddie and Cindy!

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteCrystal View Post
    1) how did you decide to leave the windshield frame black and not paint it blue to match? Just preference?
    That's how intermediate Renegade model CJ-5's came back then.

2) what were the power tools you used the most for the job? If I do a restoration, plan on spending a few hundred on some new tools to make it easier
    If you're gonna strip the paint off your Jeep like we did, you're gonna want a good dual action orbital sander. If you plan on patching up and fixing holes, you're gonna want a good welder. The more tools you have, the more options you have to work on things.

3) did you consider doing a frame off restoration? What stopped you from taking the body off? Did you do anything to help the frame out?
    We were never planning on doing a full restoration, just make her look "better". This project became a slippery slope and the more we worked on her, the more we wanted to do a good job. I did give the frame a good look and it wasn't in need of any more help than it already got from the previous owner.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    That's how intermediate Renegade model CJ-5's came back then.

If you're gonna strip the paint off your Jeep like we did, you're gonna want a good dual action orbital sander. If you plan on patching up and fixing holes, you're gonna want a good welder. The more tools you have, the more options you have to work on things.

We were never planning on doing a full restoration, just make her look "better". This project became a slippery slope and the more we worked on her, the more we wanted to do a good job. I did give the frame a good look and it wasn't in need of any more help than it already got from the previous owner.
    👍thanks Eddie!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678