Led pod for back up light recommendations

BRaVell

Moved further out into the sticks and when I say it is dark at night, I mean it is fricken dark dark. My driveway has one hell of a ditch off to both sides. Was looking at adding a pair of led pods to my poison spyder body mounted tire carrier. Un-like many jeeps I don't have any additional lights other than the truck light head lights(they are the tits)

Looking for recommendations on which ones to get. Was considering either rigid scene or radiance pods, something that will throw light everywhere. Also would like to wire them directly to reverse lights

Open to opinions, recommendations and or experiences. Thank you. if you have links even better!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I found an led pod on Amazon. Auxbeam. Can get two for about $20 and wire harness for under $10. I have one wired to my reverse lights. They work very nice and are brighter than the factory lights.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

benatc1

Hooked
I run the rigid ignite back up light kit, they are small/sleek and throw a ton of light. I have them wired into my reverse lights, only down side is it's like 125 for the pair but they are awesome

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jkris

I run auxbeams in mine. They throw a decent amount of light and are cheap. I thought about rigids but I live in a city and worry about someone rear ending me. Plus I don't have the need to see 2 miles behind me while reversing (the rigids throw a metric fuckton of light!) While I would rather use rigids in the front of the Jeep, these are just fine for the rear. They came with a wiring harness, relay, and a switch. I didn't use the switch as I wired them to work with my reverse lights.

raven12

I have Rigid Ignites as well. Probably the smallest package you can get for 1000 lumens. Tons of light spread if you get the diffused. And a low amp draw, so I have them wired direct to my reverse. Found them on Amazon for $100 a pair.

tgoss

I flushed in a Baja designs s2 pro. Works amazing back there and is completely out of the way.

IMG_2797.jpg

Frydaddy

Is it possible to wire lights directly to reverse lights and to a switch for camping?
Sent from my Nexus 6P using WAYALIFE mobile app

I would recommend wiring the new lights to their own power source, to prevent the vehicle wiring from having troubles. But seeing that tey are small LED pods, i wouldnt worry too much. I dont have any good diagrams, here is something from the interwebs.

litewire1.jpg

And as for placement, I would say to put the light up high, to get good coverage.

xprytL9.jpg

Build Album http://imgur.com/a/T1e7L

Top Bottom