Lets Talk Front Bumpers

longarmwj

So I'm slowly piecing together a "to buy" list for the new JKU. Pretty much everything I've decided on, except for the front bumper. There are a few that I'm torn between.

First, we have the Poison Spyder Brawler:
250053.jpg
Second, the Rock Hard 4x4 Shorty:
94764-lg.jpg
And lastly, the Offroad Evolution Pro Series:
EVO-1131-3.jpg

Now I like the first two because they still allow you to run fog lights, which is something that I would prefer, but cutting holes for the fog lights in the evo bumper COULD be a possibility (I've never seen inside it to know how much room would be taken up by the winch and such). What are y'alls thoughts?

RebelconJk

I have the Rockhard stubby bumper on my 2-door and love it. Iv'e had it for 5 years now and it's done me well. I also wanted a bumper that allowed me to run the factory fog lights. My vote would be for RH! :thumb:

Stotch

Caught the Bug
The Poison Spyder is pretty, but I like the recessed winch plate on the EVO pro. That was the main reason I ended up with the 1/4#r.

Napalm

I've always loved the look of PS bumpers, especially in person. That being said, I think I'd have to go with the EVO. I like that my winch is protected!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
I have the PS brawler lite. I liked that the winch just sits on top. Nothing hidden. No need to cut the frame or even relocate the vacuum pump, it bolts right on. The only negative was I didn't like how the factory fog light screws go into the metal, they don't have much to bite on. They've been in there for a year with no issues, but if I did it over again, I'd tap the holes and use real screws.

jagrubb99

LoD signature series would be my vote. Recessed winch mount, fog light holes, and a bull bar or stinger. I also like Ddays FMF.

aermotor

You can't run stock location/width fog lights and a winch in the EVO bumper. I wouldn't get the EVO and drill holes in it.

I like and use my fogs a lot (JW) and have an OR-Fab hoop front bumper that I later plan to add a winch on top of.

Ddays

Hooked
5 great options there. Can't go wrong with any of them. I have to say I do like the recessed winch but wouldn't say its a deal-breaker. I did have to relocate my vacuum pump but honestly it's a pretty easy mod. Did not have to cut crash bar off of mine either.

xxJWPxx

EVO has a fairlead light mount (as do others) that you could get some plug and play fogs to run off your factory fog switch if you go with the Pro-Series. That's the route I went with my EVO Quarter Pounder. Inspired Engineering has lights that plug right into the OEM fog plugs.

Here's a pic of my set up:
fairlead light mount.jpg

fog lights.jpg

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
The Lod signature stubby looks similar to the destroyer but the winch is recessed, FYI. That's what we have on the wife's. They have two, one for Zeon and one for other winches.

That is my favorite bumper. I think DWiggles has one with the stinger. I think that's where I saw it, anyway.

IMG_8560.jpg
IMG_8561.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thank you for looking at our bumper!

A few highlights:

• 1/4" thick steel
  • 100% American made - in house.
  • Powder coat included
  • 1" thick d-ring tabs (included)
  • ZERO cutting or drilling to install
  • In the fog light version you shared, you DO NOT relocate your vac pump
  • E-disco/crash bar skid included
  • Hi-lift jack recovery points included

desertrunner

I had the PS brawler on my 08 and loved it! Only reason I got rid of it was I wanted a stinger (they now make the brawler with a stinger) now my 12 the reason I went with evo was the recessed winch since I bought a power plant. If I wanted another bull bar bumper I wouldn't hesitate to buy the brawler again I loved it. And you can look at crawler conceptz, or the LOD destroyer all look pretty close. First figure out if you want to recess the winch or not and that should check a few off the list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

erje01

I have the PS brawler on mine as well. If I had it to do again I wouldn't buy anything from them since they sold the company. Everything I bought from them had some sort of issue. The powder coating on the front bumper was bad, had to send the sliders back because they were welded wrong, the "stainless" bolts on the new set of sliders rusted, ruining the powder coat job I had done. I would avoid, shame because they were a great company in the past.

Top Bottom