Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What can you guy's tell me about Riverside California?

Knows a Thing or Two RebelconJk's Avatar

What can you guy's tell me about Riverside California?

Soo... My wife and I may be relocating to Cali for a job offer that presented it's self to me earlier this week. Nothing is set in stone yet, just wanted to get a feel for the area from some folks that live out that way. What are the fender regulations and inspections/ emissions required on vehicles in that area? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Guys, and Gals,

Warren

I remember when my daughters lived there about twenty years ago. I was visiting them and saw an article in the local paper exclaiming the dramatic drop in auto thefts that year. Only 1,600 cars stolen in Riverside in the first six months of that year. But they have nice weather....

Oh.... and if you DO move out here, let me send you some $$$ first so you can buy a couple of off-roster pistols before you come. ;-)

Do you have to live in the City of Riverside or could you just live around there? There are parts of Riverside that are nice but there are some that aren't. Plenty of nice areas nearby and there is a lot of good wheeling in SoCal.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Do you have to live in the City of Riverside or could you just live around there? There are parts of Riverside that are nice but there are some that aren't. Plenty of nice areas nearby and there is a lot of good wheeling in SoCal.
    No, we wouldn't have to live in Riverside. As long as i'm 35-45min away i'll be good, we were looking in the San Bernardino, Yucaipa, Cherry Valley area as well. Any suggestions on cool places to live around that area would be great!

In all seriousness: If you value freedom and can avoid CA, I wouldn't make the move. The common theme here is to regulate everything. Whether owning a gun, off-roading, motorcycling, or just trying to enjoy yourself in a park, everything you do seems to come under state law. The weather is our only redeeming quality.

SoCal does have some beautiful areas. But unless your new job is paying you over $200K you'll have a hard time living in any of them. I'd trade you for Tennessee in a minute if I could pry my wife out of here.

Tom

What can you guy's tell me about Riverside California?

Our ohv areas are under attack again. Welcome to the state of taxes fees and no common sense.

Yucaipa is beautiful and the city has really grow and same with cherry valley/Beaumont. San Bernardino has some really bad neighborhoods. Beaumont and Yucaipa. The + side to being in those areas is you are 30 minutes away from big bear and there are a ton of trails to enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by CookieMonsterJK; 03-17-2017 at 04:13 PM.

Nothing but a Thing TrainWreck618's Avatar
    I lived in Rancho Cucamonga for a while as well as Upland, and I really enjoyed those areas. I worked in Riverside and the commute wasn't too bad

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I live in Canyon Lake, which is in riverside county. We love it here.

Cayon Lake.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by knotabyte View Post
    I live in Canyon Lake, which is in riverside county. We love it here.

Cayon Lake.jpg
    Nice! That area looks great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast