Dealership Modded JK

XJADDICTION

Banned
I went to my local brand new dealership today for an oil change and saw a decked out 2017 new JK Sport with many aftermarket upgrades out front. A company out of Georgia did the modifications on a JK sport with power group factory accessories, hard top and cloth seats. I'll show spec sheet in pictures. The JK is riding on Mickey Thompson 37x12.50's and 20 x 10 inch wheels, 3.5" basic lift, dana 30 still up front and yes stock 3:73 gearing, as well as a bunch of the Georgia companies products. Also had some flimsy power drop down steps.

I took it for a test drive and with the automatic I could see that around town driving would be ok. The ride was predictable but the brakes were marginal. I put the Jk on the interstate and the 37's were really noticeable. I set cruise and on a small but longer grade hill 70 mph went to 55 mph in a hurry with the poor auto hunting all over the place for a gear. The salesman commented that was normal for the JK... yea right. Here are some pictures and pricing.

IMG_4172.JPG
IMG_4173.JPG
IMG_4174.JPG
IMG_4181.JPG
IMG_4182.JPG
IMG_4183.JPG
IMG_4184.JPG
IMG_4185.JPG
IMG_4185.JPG
IMG_4161.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Who goes to a dealership for an oil change? :rolleyes2:;)

That thing is a mess for 50k...

XJADDICTION

Banned
No way would I buy that. 7 slot for me anyway, so the grumped is out. I have a 2016 Rubicon now, it's new so they are giving me free service for 2 years.
Was waiting for my jeep so wanted to see how stock gears, auto and 37's felt.

XJADDICTION

Banned
Just amazes me that a dealer would set up an aftermarket built jeep without using Mopar parts. Then to top it off put 37's on it, not regear, and have a slip of paper in console stating that tires will rub and that's ok. Sales dude said it was all under warranty as well. Good thing huh?

Almost laughed when he said all stock autos hunted for gears like that on the interstate. The 37's didn't cause that problem because they flashed the computer. [emoji106]

Dominic

Bought not built... er... I don't think that's how it's supposed to be... you would be better off getting a Rubicon Hardrock for less $$$ and be way ahead of this one. Oh and did I mention this one is ugly?

Just sayin

Hot94Z28

There is a dealership local to me that does "Mercenary" Jeeps. I was surprised when showing off my then "new" Jeep to friends and Family asking why I didn't get a Mercenary? I told them that was a specific dealerships Jeep, they thought it was a Mopar factory option for some reason.

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
There is a dealership local to me that does "Mercenary" Jeeps. I was surprised when showing off my then "new" Jeep to friends and Family asking why I didn't get a Mercenary? I told them that was a specific dealerships Jeep, they thought it was a Mopar factory option for some reason.

Yes, I have spoken with a fella that bought one of those and though the upgrades were done properly, the dealership cut every corner possible to get the look they wanted without it being truly complete. He stated that within 6 months he had to regear, upgrade ball joints, front & rear shafts ect.
There is another dealership North of me that does this too accept it's a Ford dealership buying jeeps from the dealer down the road and not doing anything as it should be done. I test drove one of those while in my work truck and it was all over the road even at 40mph. That salesman also said that it's just how jk's ride and they are asking 50+k.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom