Need fun trails in Moab for a lifted JK, and a stock JK. An avid Jeeper, and a noob.

GeneralElement

Hello all! Not sure how many people have read my introduction, but, I'm new to the forum!

As the title suggests, I'm in need for some trail recommendations for our Moab this weekend. We're specifically looking for trails that would be good for both me and my friend (and his visiting parents). He just bought his first Jeep, and he's coming from a Mustang. He's been out with me in my JK down to Sand Hallow a couple of weeks ago. Besides that, he's completely new to the very idea of slick rock climbing. Same for his parents. I, on the other hand, grew up with it. I have a lifted Rubicon JK, he's got a bone-stock Sahara JK. We're looking for something that isn't too easy for me, but not too hard for him. Trails that show him and his parents just how great Utah really is. I'm a Utah native, whereas, he just moved here 2 months ago. Though I'm native to Utah, I've not made it to Moab as often as I'd like.

Open for recommendations and discussion! We're leaving tomorrow morning- Bright and early (Mar. 18th).

Also, here's some pictures. Mine is an '08 Rubicon with a 4" Fox Lift, 37" Tires, a Winch (new), and the factory included F/R lockers and electric sway bar disconnect. His is an '08 Sahara. Stock (replaced the side steps for rock sliders).
17021814_10208936612027648_2367019748670415826_n.jpg
17309799_1892242371034759_1525310125627699161_n.jpg
IMG_9348.jpg
17039151_10208926681499391_7400442816662556790_o.jpg

barh

Fins & T, Hells Revenge, Kane Creek for a few. All are easily done with your friends ride. Don't forget to show them the dino tracks. Have fun

Tanktitan

I took a stock JKUR Hard Rock to Moab last year. All the EJS will let a stock unit run during the event are 4 rated and under. That is good advice as you will need some skid plates to even do this. The stock vehicle is amazingly capable and easily handles this.

I would suggest seven mile rim and secret spire. Great scenery and fun runs.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

GeneralElement

Unrelated, but what fenders are those on yours? Remind of a TJ

Hope Moab doesn't disappoint!

I believe they're an older version of these: http://www.trailmods.com/fender-flares ..... I like the idea of them, however, I'm kind of peeved about them right now. On the way back from Moab yesterday, my front driver flare tore off on I70. We stopped immediately to go grab it, but, while 9/10 cars avoided it, the 10th car hit it and broke it. Otherwise, it probably would have survived. They're a bit tedious, but I've read reviews for them from other people that love them. I didn't purchase them myself, they came on the Jeep when I bought it.

I appreciate everyone's suggestions! We were thinking about doing EJS this year, but, we'll just see how it goes. We ended up leaving his Jeep at home and just took mine. We did a late night run of Gold Bar Rim, and then woke up Sunday morning to go do Poison Spider. We didn't get to finish the entire trail of either, but we got pretty far into both trails before turning back. We met up with three other Jeeps on PS. 1 Lifted JKU, 1 Lifted 2DJK, and 1 bone-stock JKU Rubi. I was impressed on how well the stock JKU did. He kept up with us -- No problem. So we'll probably make another trip down with both of our rigs, hopefully when we have more time to spend there (Hopefully EJS 2017).

Top Bottom