Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cure for cracked exhaust manifold

Hooked

cure for cracked exhaust manifold

I have a 3.8 08 rubicon and The exhaust have manifold has cracked several times. is there a permanent cure for this that won't void Chrysler's lifetime power train warranty?

If you're worried about voiding the warranty, take it to the dealer.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

It may even be covered under warranty.

I just replaced passenger side and I'm now working on the driverside. I'm trying an experiment with VHT high temp ceramic paint which I hope it will provide a protective coating so there's less stress on the metal. It was only $10 for a can so it's a cheap experiment.

So far the passenger side has been fine, but it really hasn't stood the test of time.

Hooked

it is at the dealer and it is covered

but this problem re-occurrs a lot !! and i wonder if there is any way to fix it without voiding the warranty or am i just doomed to be in the dealer every so often

Swap in an LS3!

But seriously, welding it shouldn't and couldn't void your warranty. You aren't doing anything to modify or alter the powertrain.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderer View Post
    but this problem re-occurrs a lot !! and i wonder if there is any way to fix it without voiding the warranty or am i just doomed to be in the dealer every so often
    the dealer covers this under warranty? I don't think I got the lifetime warranty with my 2010 but it would be nice since replacing them (too often) is a pain in the ass

Quote Originally Posted by jeeeep View Post
    the dealer covers this under warranty? I don't think I got the lifetime warranty with my 2010 but it would be nice since replacing them (too often) is a pain in the ass
    I would guess its part of power train but isn't that 5 yr. 100,000 miles?

Quote Originally Posted by KaPow View Post
    I would guess its part of power train but isn't that 5 yr. 100,000 miles?
    I don't know, I'm beyond time and over mileage - with all the mods I'd probably get flagged.

it was a short lived hope lol

Hooked

on the 08

I have the limited lifetime powertrain warranty that covers the entire powertrain including the exhaust manifold for 99 years. which is great but dealing with the cracked manifolds is a PINtA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast