cure for cracked exhaust manifold

wanderer

I have a 3.8 08 rubicon and The exhaust have manifold has cracked several times. is there a permanent cure for this that won't void Chrysler's lifetime power train warranty?

JRUnlimited

I just replaced passenger side and I'm now working on the driverside. I'm trying an experiment with VHT high temp ceramic paint which I hope it will provide a protective coating so there's less stress on the metal. It was only $10 for a can so it's a cheap experiment.

So far the passenger side has been fine, but it really hasn't stood the test of time.

wanderer

it is at the dealer and it is covered

but this problem re-occurrs a lot !! and i wonder if there is any way to fix it without voiding the warranty or am i just doomed to be in the dealer every so often :eek:

tgoss

Swap in an LS3!

But seriously, welding it shouldn't and couldn't void your warranty. You aren't doing anything to modify or alter the powertrain.

jeeeep

Hooked
but this problem re-occurrs a lot !! and i wonder if there is any way to fix it without voiding the warranty or am i just doomed to be in the dealer every so often :eek:

the dealer covers this under warranty? I don't think I got the lifetime warranty with my 2010 but it would be nice since replacing them (too often) is a pain in the ass

KaPow

the dealer covers this under warranty? I don't think I got the lifetime warranty with my 2010 but it would be nice since replacing them (too often) is a pain in the ass

I would guess its part of power train but isn't that 5 yr. 100,000 miles?

wanderer

on the 08

I have the limited lifetime powertrain warranty that covers the entire powertrain including the exhaust manifold for 99 years. which is great but dealing with the cracked manifolds is a PINtA

thombull

My cure was to just get rid of them, I went with Headers and so far no more cracks, exhaust leaks etc. Almost forgot how my Jeep was supposed to sound because it's been so long that lve been dealing with this problem.

Sent from my QMV7A using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug

I would guess its part of power train but isn't that 5 yr. 100,000 miles?

Jeep briefly had a lifetime powertrain warranty for vehicles sold in 07 (some 06 models were covered depending on sell date) and extended though the 08 model year. I had an 07 Liberty that had transmission issues that the dealership couldn't seem to get completely fixed. I got tired of dealing with it so I traded it away.

bryz_rubi

09's had the lifetime powertrain as well. Mine has this and they have replaced my driver side exhaust manifold under warranty. ( rear main seal and rear wheel bearing). You have to go in every few years to keep the power train warranty in effect. If you lapse, they will cancel it. With 37's, 3.5" lift, and supercharger I'm not sure how I still have it.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
I have a 12 with the lifetime warranty but I also paid extra for it. Probably not the best investment. Exhaust components are covered under a federal 8 year 80k warranty regardless of make or model. If you're in that window I'd start there. If you have the lifetime power train warranty I'd assume this would be covered as well. To clarify depending on the headers they are not SMOG exempt. Here in CA I have JBA's on my Titan. Depending on the vehicle they are CARB compliant. The same CATS I had installed are compliant on my truck but not on the Armada (Same exact motor). They'll pass the obd 2 test but will fail the visual as its "modified". Hope this helps

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

JRUnlimited

California smog emission standards blow. I couldnt just by oem exhaust maninifolds. I had to buy CA compliant exhaust maunfolds that cost more. And forget the notion of .CA compliant headers unless your willing to blow over $1k for them.

Top Bottom