Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ball joints

Caught the Bug RollingThunder89's Avatar

Ball joints

Hello buds, I have a question and would appreciate your opinions. I'm looking for some HD ball joints because I'm running 35's. I'm considering the synergy or alloy USA brands.

I like synergy for the reasons that (1st) they are American made (2nd) I feel like they have a great reputation so everyone has them. But I don't like the 12 month limited warranty.

I like the alloy USA because they are also American made and (2nd) they have 5 year limited warranty.

Is anyone currently running either if these on there rig? If so, how do you like them so far?

And lastly do you guys know where I can get them for a good price. I know both run for about 200$ but a coupon or discount always helps 😉

Sent from my E6790TM using WAYALIFE mobile app

Honestly if you're looking for HD ball joints, many members here will recommend Dynatrac ProSteers. Many members here have run both of those joints that you listed and later switched to the Dynatrac ones, they have a reputation of lasting much longer

Hate to burst your bubble but Synergy and Alloy USA ball joints are NOT made in the USA. To the best of my knowledge, both are made by the same manufacturer in China. If you want to go that route, you might want to give the Crown HD joints a look as they are the same joint only a bit more affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Honestly if you're looking for HD ball joints, many members here will recommend Dynatrac ProSteers. Many members here have run both of those joints that you listed and later switched to the Dynatrac ones, they have a reputation of lasting much longer
    These are 100% made in the USA. They are what I would recommend but they do come with a heftier price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Hate to burst your bubble but Synergy and Alloy USA ball joints are NOT made in the USA. To the best of my knowledge, both are made by the same manufacturer in China. If you want to go that route, you might want to give the Crown HD joints a look as they are the same joint only a bit more affordable.
    Wow I thought they were. Not gonna support some Chinese Communist. Thanks for the heads up 🇺🇸

As stated above the most recommended option is Prosteers which is on top of my list however I have a question to WAYALIFE and WJCO and off course other members. Few days ago I saw Skyjacker brand while researching ball joint options raised in another thread. The price is higher then Prosteers the only question comes to mind is it worth it and what is the major difference between the two.
    Thank's

Quote Originally Posted by Andy5160 View Post
    As stated above the most recommended option is Prosteers which is on top of my list however I have a question to WAYALIFE and WJCO and off course other members. Few days ago I saw Skyjacker brand while researching ball joint options raised in another thread. The price is higher then Prosteers the only question comes to mind is it worth it and what is the major difference between the two.
    Thank's
    I too saw those a nice pretty shiny red and sliver. Hummm 😐

Quote Originally Posted by Andy5160 View Post
    Thank's
    Quote Originally Posted by RollingThunder89 View Post
    I too saw those a nice pretty shiny red and sliver. Hummm 😐

I honestly don't know anything about them, but I found this thread which doesn't shed much info on them:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...ng-ball-joints

Knows a Thing or Two JeepinLife's Avatar
    Get the prosteers and never worry about them again..

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I wouldn't just run out and buy some if you don't need them. If yours have no play then there not going to magically explode and fall out. I have a pair of HD ball joints sitting in my garage. I check for play periodically and keep driving along.
    I also run 35's.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast