Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ball joints

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet88 View Post
    I have the Teraflex HD balljoints( non knurled)I have 53k miles on my stockers. No play and no weird vibes etc.

I'll give the TF's a try eventually. Good reviews for them. It was between those and synergy's which had a lot of negative reviews. If I could go back I would probably just buy prosteers but I didn't know much back when I bought them.
    This is from their instruction sheet:

Some 2012 and ALL newer Jeep Wranglers come factory with larger front axle shafts (Dana 30 & 44) than previous years, and will require grinding on the stub shaft forging parting line for clear- ance. Check axle shaft clearance by rotating the unit bearing pointed straight, and turned both directions. Grind where needed to provide adequate clearance.

.....…............................................ ...................
    MY BUILT/REBUILD: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4...931#post859931

And here's a pic of what happens if you have clearance issue, that is just crazy stupid if you ask me

IMG_4171.JPG

Caught the Bug RollingThunder89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet88 View Post
    I have the Teraflex HD balljoints( non knurled)I have 53k miles on my stockers. No play and no weird vibes etc.

I'll give the TF's a try eventually. Good reviews for them. It was between those and synergy's which had a lot of negative reviews. If I could go back I would probably just buy prosteers but I didn't know much back when I bought them.
    Yeah I was gonna go with the TF cuz if the life time warranty but finding out they are not American I opted out.
    Thanks for your input 😇

Sent from my E6790TM using WAYALIFE mobile app

Caught the Bug RollingThunder89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VeruGE*144 View Post
    And here's a pic of what happens if you have clearance issue, that is just crazy stupid if you ask me

IMG_4171.JPG

Ow

Sent from my E6790TM using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by VeruGE*144 View Post

IMG_4171.JPG

Yeah I have a 2010 so my shafts are ok. I do have a spare set out of a 12 rubicon though. I'll have to make sure they are the smaller yoke shafts.

Like I said I would probably get Prosteers to avoid all the issues with TF. Haha too late now!

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    I honestly don't know anything about them, but I found this thread which doesn't shed much info on them:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...ng-ball-joints

Thank you for the info.

Fresh Catch
    I replaced mine with the synergy ones when I welded on the c gussets the passenger ones were fine at 50 k miles but the lower driver was starting to go. I'm at 76 k with the synergy ball joint so 25k miles on them. They have held up good and I got toyo mt 37x13.5r17 wheels with raceline beadlocks. That 135 lbs per wheel. I don't use a steering stabilizer and have no death wobble or vibration. Dynatrac ones are cool but I can replace the senergy ones a couple times before they would pay off. I'm guessing the wheel hub bearings will give out before the ball joints do
    Jku rubicon 5.13 yukon gears 37x13.5r17 toyo mt on raceline beadlocks 10k X2O winch poison spyder bfh bumper and rock sliders and crusher corners 2.5 aev lift with rolled and cut fender wells diy drop gate fastback top. Coming soon : poison spyder bfh rear crossmember with hitch