Picked up the new Carrich iPod Mini Dash interface

So I Picked up the new Carrich iPod Mini Dash interface last week. Finally had a chance to get everything plugged in. Easy set up and clean interface. As stated in the details, you get to keep your current radio and controls set up. It's held in place by magnets but they're pretty strong. Day to day driving and bumps should be fine...not so sure about the trails. For me...over all...so far so good!

Was going to post pics but apparently I can't from the mobile device [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Tanktitan

I installed the Carrichs unit today as well. I have downloaded Gaia maps to my iPad, which offers topo's and many more maps and map layers. Then I will use my Dual 160 GPS (last picture) to plot my position on the iPad. This will now give me maps and GPS location regardless of whether I am in cell or Wifi range.

This certainly seems like it will be a better alternative than the useless 430N that comes with these as overpriced options.

(Note to OP, to post pictures press the + and then the mountain symbol, then Yes, then pick the picture(s) you want to post.)

IMG_2294.JPG IMG_2295.JPG IMG_2296.JPG IMG_2298.JPG

Very nice! I just saw today that guys were talking about GPS options for the iPad with no cellular. I may have to look into your set up! Looks clean bro. :thumb:

I installed the Carrichs unit today as well. I have downloaded Gaia maps to my iPad, which offers topo's and many more maps and map layers. Then I will use my Dual 160 GPS (last picture) to plot my position on the iPad. This will now give me maps and GPS location regardless of whether I am in cell or Wifi range.

This certainly seems like it will be a better alternative than the useless 430N that comes with these as overpriced options.

(Note to OP, to post pictures press the + and then the mountain symbol, then Yes, then pick the picture(s) you want to post.)

View attachment 248748 View attachment 248749 View attachment 248750 View attachment 248751

ryager13

So with that USB cable are you able to adjust the volume of your music or movies? Also, if so, how does it sound? I was looking at this and wondering how everything paired up and how the music sounded. Do you also need to have the iPad on max volume before putting it in the holder?

I just use the Bluetooth option for mine. Sound is fine yet I also upgraded my speakers and head unit. I have a USB connected still but I don't have to adjust the volume on my iPhone when I do.

Top Bottom