Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help P0733 code

Knows a Thing or Two bruggymonster's Avatar

Help P0733 code

To start off I have a 2013 JKUR with 37s. So about a week ago I decided switch the gear ratio to 4:10 on the programmer so it would be correct for the rubicon axle ratio and it felt like it was not shifting at the right points. After I did this, I felt a loss of power and/ or a loss of maybe 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gear. After driving about 5 miles I got a check engine light so I flashed the code and got P0733 and know that it is an error in the 3rd gear. I quickly pulled over and changed the gear ratio back to 3:73 and cleared the DTCs and it ran fine. After a week of spring break and no driving, I came home and drove about 1 mile and the check engine light came in with the same code and is now doing the same thing. What do I diagnose this as/ has anyone else had this problem before? Also am I good to drive it for now or should I park it until it's fixed?

Any and all comments are welcomed, I'm freaking out because the engine and tranny only have 54,000 miles on them.

You don't change gear ratios with a programmer.

Leave it where it's supposed to be (at the gear ratio it is). Your motor and tranny talk and when shit doesn't make sense they have a shit.

A decent programmer will allow you to modify shift points.

Again, your programmer does not have the ability to regear your jeep, so unless you regear your jeep dint change the programmed gear ratio.

Help P0733 code

Quote Originally Posted by jkrichard View Post
    You don't change gear ratios with a programmer.

Leave it where it's supposed to be (at the gear ratio it is). Your motor and tranny talk and when shit doesn't make sense they have a shit.

A decent programmer will allow you to modify shift points.

Again, your programmer does not have the ability to regear your jeep, so unless you regear your jeep dint change the programmed gear ratio.
    Yes.. I know that just because you change your gear ratio on the programmer, it doesn't actually change the gears. It does change the shift points though. I changed it because the programmer came set saying I had 3.73's, I have a rubicon so I figured I would have the 4.10's.. that is why I changed it on the programmer to 4.10.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two QuicksilverJK's Avatar
    Not all Rubicons came with 4.10 gears. depending on what programmer you have it probably gathered your stock information when you initially plugged it in. You could always call the dealer with your vin to verify.

So now what? I feel like just changing the programmer for less than 10 miles couldn't hurt anything too bad..

Set it where it's supposed to be, clear the code and see what happens. In all likelihood it just thew the code because your engine speed, tranny speed and wheel speed were far enough out from what it thought it was supposed to be that it got upset.

Look through your programmer to see of it has a proper shift point changing feature. That big of a tire with your gearing is going to be hard work for your jeep, especially with an auto.

A regear is in your future.

Quote Originally Posted by jkrichard View Post
    Set it where it's supposed to be, clear the code and see what happens. In all likelihood it just thew the code because your engine speed, tranny speed and wheel speed were far enough out from what it thought it was supposed to be that it got upset.

Look through your programmer to see of it has a proper shift point changing feature. That big of a tire with your gearing is going to be hard work for your jeep, especially with an auto.

A regear is in your future.
    I put it back to 3.73 then cleared the codes and it was fine until I shut my jeep off to gas up and then when I turned it back on and drove about 100 yards, the light came back on. And yes I have 5.13's sitting in my garage right now but am waiting until this summer to get the jeep into a shop.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Set your programmer for whatever your actual gear ratio is, then program it for your tire size.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    If you keep having the problem, try returning everything to stock, then start over as directed by the programmer.

Do you not know what gears are actually in your Jeep?!?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast