Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Help P0733 code

  1. #11
    Knows a Thing or Two bruggymonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Polk City, Iowa
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    Do you not know what gears are actually in your Jeep?!?
    Being that it is a 2013 JKUR I assumed it had 4.10s but when I programmed it to 4.10 it started to throw the check engine light and that code.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  2. #12
    Word Ninja Sharkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    10,217
    Quote Originally Posted by bruggymonster View Post
    Being that it is a 2013 JKUR I assumed it had 4.10s but when I programmed it to 4.10 it started to throw the check engine light and that code.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Sorry, let me try that again. Do you not KNOW what gears are in your Jeep?

    Seriously, did you just buy it off the lot (or maybe used from somebody) without looking at the sticker and VIN to see what gears you were getting?

    What about the other options? Did you just assume it had heated leather seats and two tops? I just don't get how you would assume how the vehicle was equipped without actually checking.

  3. #13
    Knows a Thing or Two Kalums's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    889
    Quote Originally Posted by bruggymonster View Post
    Being that it is a 2013 JKUR I assumed it had 4.10s but when I programmed it to 4.10 it started to throw the check engine light and that code.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Do you know for a fact that the gears in the axle have or have not been changed? If they have not depending on year and actual axle the gear ratio will be stamped into a tag attached to the bolts on your diff cover. If you know with 100 percent knowledge the gears have been changed then... I'm not sure how to check the ratio other than popping the cover and counting teeth. Didn't you say you installed Rubi axles? If so I'm assuming you installed them on a sport so your VIN would not help either... Not trying to be rude but GL. My personal motto is if it's not broke don't futs with it. Also you could try to put every thing back to stock, turn it on. Make sure the jeep runs. Turn the jeep off and unplug the batt... Update your programmer (Make sure it's updated!! Even if you did last week, they come out with updates all the time) then reattach your batt see if the light comes on after driving for awhile. If it does a dealership visit may be instore for you to reflash. If not the restore whatever other programming you installed and leave the gear ratio alone.... Just my 0.02

    Sent from my LG-LS997 using


    Edit:sorry just saw that you changed just the gear ratio on the programmer and you have a 13 JKUR. My bad. Those came with 3.73s OR 4.10s depending on a few factors like towing package, trim level etc. WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by Kalums; 03-20-2017 at 02:31 AM.

  4. #14
    Meme King WJCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    19,370
    Jack up the axle and spin the tire by hand. Count how many times the drive shaft spins around. If it spins 4 times, you have 4.10s. If it spins 3.75 times, you have 3.73s.

  5. #15
    Knows a Thing or Two bruggymonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Polk City, Iowa
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    Sorry, let me try that again. Do you not KNOW what gears are in your Jeep?

    Seriously, did you just buy it off the lot (or maybe used from somebody) without looking at the sticker and VIN to see what gears you were getting?

    What about the other options? Did you just assume it had heated leather seats and two tops? I just don't get how you would assume how the vehicle was equipped without actually checking.
    Look you don't have to be an ass about it. I'm asking a question and looking for an answer, that's it. If you can't handle not putting people down, then please don't comment on my post. Thank you.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  6. #16
    Knows a Thing or Two bruggymonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Polk City, Iowa
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Jack up the axle and spin the tire by hand. Count how many times the drive shaft spins around. If it spins 4 times, you have 4.10s. If it spins 3.75 times, you have 3.73s.
    Thank you I will try this when I get back home and will also call the dealership where we got the Jeep to see what they have for the vin.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  7. #17
    Nothing but a Thing mudmobeeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,452
    Quote Originally Posted by bruggymonster View Post
    Look you don't have to be an ass about it. I'm asking a question and looking for an answer, that's it. If you can't handle not putting people down, then please don't comment on my post. Thank you.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    You don't have to be an ass either. You don't know for sure what gears you have but you assumed what gears you have. You should have verified what gears you have prior to trying to program it. That very well could have been your problem. There's been a few posts now talking about verifying what gears you have and yet you still don't know. So again before you do anything else GO VERIFY WHAT GEARS YOU HAVE. Then as mentioned return your programming back to stock and then start over with the correct info in the programmer.

    Also if for some reason you do end up going to the dealer to get your computer reflashed I would take your programmer, return everything back to stock in the dealerships parking lot, let them reflash your computer and then you reprogram it in their parking lot before you leave. Not doing this can and will turn your programmer into a paper weight.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2014 JKUR named NORDNDD.

    Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ing-of-NoRdNdd

  8. #18
    Meme King WJCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    19,370
    I don't think Sharkey was being an ass. He was just merely stating that you need to know for 100% sure what you have instead of assuming. It would suck to get a chick's pants down and find out she has a dick.

  9. #19
    Knows a Thing or Two bruggymonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Polk City, Iowa
    Posts
    525
    Alright, Sharkey I'm sorry for calling you an ass, I had just woken up and was cranky. Sometimes I read things in different tones, that's why I prefer to talk on the phone rather than text!


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  10. #20
    Word Ninja Sharkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    10,217

    Help P0733 code

    Quote Originally Posted by bruggymonster View Post
    Alright, Sharkey I'm sorry for calling you an ass, I had just woken up and was cranky. Sometimes I read things in different tones, that's why I prefer to talk on the phone rather than text!


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    No worries. And I was partially being an ass and partially asking a legitimate question. I just don't get how somebody buys something without knowing exactly how it is equipped, but maybe I'm just anal that way. Can you imagine buying a pistol, taking it home and finding out it is a .380 when you "assumed" it was a .45?!?

    Bottom line though, you need to figure out what you have before you start fucking with it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS