Close

Thread: TCS light

TCS light

So last night I'm driving home and cruising at 60 when all of a sudden the cruise shuts off and the TCS light comes on and stays on. So I get it home and being the good newbie I search and do the steering wheel re alignment because I realized my wheel was about a inch to the right from center. I get the wheel centered and it drives straight and true but the light still won't shut off. Any other tips before I take it to the dealership?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nothing but a Thing TrainWreck618's Avatar
    I would imagine disconnecting the battery for a minute would do the trick. I haven't ran into the issue of it staying on though

Quote Originally Posted by DH2002 View Post
    So last night I'm driving home and cruising at 60 when all of a sudden the cruise shuts off and the TCS light comes on and stays on. So I get it home and being the good newbie I search and do the steering wheel re alignment because I realized my wheel was about a inch to the right from center. I get the wheel centered and it drives straight and true but the light still won't shut off. Any other tips before I take it to the dealership?

Did the abs light happen to come on as well?

If not do as trainwreck said, disconnect the negative terminal for about 20 mins or so and it should go off
    October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JKS
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assist

Worked! Disconnected then drove for 5 miles and it shut off. Appreciate the help!