Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: VIDEO : SCRUB RADIUS - What it's All About & The Dynatrac PRO 1550 Knuckle

Quote Originally Posted by TrainWreck618 View Post
    Rancho Reid

Two different company's

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Haha oops I hear knuckles and it translates to reid. I wonder if it's similar though.
    •|||||||• 2015 Unlimited Sport S Baja Yellow
    Auto / 4.56 Gears / G2 35 Spline ARB Front, Ected Rear Axle / Alpine 9-Speakers & Sub / MC 3.5" w 6pak shocks / 31570R17 Cooper STT Pros

Quote Originally Posted by chitown35 View Post
    Haha oops I hear knuckles and it translates to reid. I wonder if it's similar though.
    They are similar. I sent Jeeeep a private msg about this so as not to clutter up the Dynatrac thread anymore. The Dynatrac knuckles are massive and badass for sure.

Very interesting, but now I have a scrub radius question.
    A Jeep JK stock wheel backspace is 6.25". With 32" tires this has the stock factory scrub radius.
    Changing to aftermarket wheels with a backspace of 4.5", the scrub radius is now off from stock.
    Adding 37" tires changes the scrub radius again, moving it closer to stock.
    I would like to know, with aftermarket wheels backspaced at 4.5". What size tires will put you back to the stock scrub radius, or the best scrub radius.

Quote Originally Posted by cameleer View Post
    A Jeep JK stock wheel backspace is 6.25". With 32" tires this has the stock factory scrub radius.
    Changing to aftermarket wheels with a backspace of 4.5", the scrub radius is now off from stock.
    I would like to know, with aftermarket wheels backspaced at 4.5". What size tires will put you back to the stock scrub radius, or the best scrub radius.
    Only back spacing will change the center line of your wheels.

We are excited to see the positive response. If you've asked us a question, we need time to go over each one and make sure we answer accurately. Please be patient as we're working to answer everyone, and thanks for the questions!

www.dynatrac.com
    Customer Support Phone: 714-596-4461
    Customer Support email: expeditor@dynatrac.com

Quote Originally Posted by cameleer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Only back spacing will change the center line of your wheels.
    I was just about to answer this the same thinking tire size won't change the scrub radius. That is by width. But then I thought about it....the height of the tires would change it as the lines intersect at a certain height. But I don't know the answer of the question. I would take a picture from the front of the Jeep, then on your PC, draw your imaginary lines, then look at how much more or less you would have to increase/decrese the tire height to get the lines to intersect right where the tire patch meets the ground.

Then you'll have to measure on the tire itself, etc.

Untitled.jpg
    Last edited by WJCO; 03-20-2017 at 06:18 PM.

Fresh Catch
    Very informative.. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Great video. It's nice to see a solid company explaining the engineering that goes on with there product manufacturing. Very cool!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    I was just about to answer this the same thinking tire size won't change the scrub radius. That is by width. But then I thought about it....the height of the tires would change it as the lines intersect at a certain height. But I don't know the answer of the question. I would take a picture from the front of the Jeep, then on your PC, draw your imaginary lines, then look at how much more or less you would have to increase/decrese the tire height to get the lines to intersect right where the tire patch meets the ground.

Then you'll have to measure on the tire itself, etc.
    Yes, that was my point. The steering axis inclination line will be at a different point with larger tires. If I understand it right, this will change where the scrub radius is according to tire size.
    I'm running a Dynatrac ProRock 44 with Reid racing knuckles, but the scrub radius does not change with this setup. Also have wheels backspaced at 4.5" and 37" tires. I'm thinking this may bring me close to the proper scrub radius.

very interesting and informative explanation - you always like it when a pro can make it sound so straight forward.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast