Thread: Noisy ARB air locker?

Noisy ARB air locker?

So, I've been chasing down this noise I've had since my axle install. I've finally narrowed it down to the ARB air locker. I thought it was the tcase but that is a different noise that I'm not concerned with right now. Below is the response I got from ARB saying it is normal, which is fine by me. I just couldn't find much other info on the web about people having this issue. Any of you have this clicking noise on accel and decel? Almost sounds like a light ujoint.

ARB's response:

IMG_20170320_182929_133.jpg

And here are the diag steps I did before contacting them:

IMG_20170320_183043_765.jpg

Huh, I've never heard any noise like that from mine, front or rear but then my wife is always saying "I can't believe you can't hear that!" so what do I know. I have heard the racheting style lockers make noise but only when going around corners.

Those ARB guys are solid. I talked with a rep at length last year for over an hour. They don't seem to be a company that'd bust your nuts over this issue, especially since you've documented it. If they aren't concerned I'd roll with it.

It's been a LONG time since I've run an ARB up front on anything other than an axle with manual locking hubs but, so far as I can recall, I had no noise coming from it. But, if they say it's normal, it probably is and really, my hearing isn't that great anyway

Thanks for the comments so far. And as I said in my email to them, as long as it's just a noise and nothing else, I'm good with it.