RL206's 2013 JKU Journal

rl206

Hey guys, figured I'd start a thread and keep a little bit of a journal to track progress of my Jeep and trips w/ it.

I picked up a 2013 JKU Sport 2/2017

Main goal is to have fun w/ it but ultimately, it will probably be based around somewhat of an overland style, as I camp and do road trips pretty frequently.

rl206

2013 JKU Sport
3.6L
6spd
22k miles
Soft Top
Originally from Vegas, but shes not a dirty girl
MODS LIST

EXTERIOR
Rubicon HR Front Bumper
Trimmed Fenders

Lighting
Amazon LED Fogs

INTERIOR
Smittybilt Drivers Seat Cover
Bestop Underseat Lockbox

COMS
Cobra 29 LX W/ NOAA
Evo Antenna Mount

SUSPENSION

DRIVETRAIN
Stock D30/D44

WHEELS/TIRES
17X9 Pro Comp Steelies
35x12.5R17 MT/R's OLD35x12.5R17 BFG KM2

RECOVERY
Hi-Lift
ARB Tree Strap

Previous owner hit something and cracked the front bumper cover and had some mild rust going on the metal so found it easier to replace w/ a stock one I snagged from the local 4x4 swapmeet for $10

Here she is in all of her stock glory.

IMG_0702 by Ryan Lamb, on Flickr

IMG_0703 by Ryan Lamb, on Flickr

IMG_0706B by Ryan Lamb, on Flickr

Last edited:

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I like the overland stuff. I always have it in the back of my mind to to get a cheap older JK in a few years so I can build a second Jeep in the overland style. Not everybody's a rock crawler and that's okay. Around here people do tend to laugh at the word overlanding saying is is just an uppity way of saying camping. It's all in good fun though. Look forward to your build. :thumb:

rl206

I like the overland stuff. I always have it in the back of my mind to to get a cheap older JK in a few years so I can build a second Jeep in the overland style. Not everybody's a rock crawler and that's okay. Around here people do tend to laugh at the word overlanding saying is is just an uppity way of saying camping. It's all in good fun though. Look forward to your build. :thumb:

It is lol, however, I plan to do a bunch of it. I actually have an interview on Friday and and get word Monday following, so this rig could start moving along faster than I had hoped.

I have always wanted to go to Moab and want to be capable of going there having fun and not worrying the entire time of parts breaking. Time will tell though!

cocokrispes

I've felt the same way. Would like to have 2 jks. One for wheeling and one for camping.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

rl206

Not much of an update, but decided w/ a couple getaway's in the picture, I'd snag a Smittybilt seat cover and ditch using a towel to try to keep the seat a bit cleaner and stay more organized.
I know I'll get some flack but this is the only Smittybilt product I plan on using. I made a first aid kit and put what recovery gear I do have in the pouches and will snag some more to fill it up as time goes.

IMG_0708 by Ryan Lamb, on Flickr

IMG_0709 by Ryan Lamb, on Flickr

WJCO

Meme King
Not much of an update, but decided w/ a couple getaway's in the picture, I'd snag a Smittybilt seat cover and ditch using a towel to try to keep the seat a bit cleaner and stay more organized.
I know I'll get some flack but this is the only Smittybilt product I plan on using. I made a first aid kit and put what recovery gear I do have in the pouches and will snag some more to fill it up as time goes.

Looks good. Hope it lasts. Seems like a lot of storage compartments.

madstiles

Nice buddy, I have the tailgate storage and it works great and tons of storage i also picked up some extra molle bags at yardsales to fill it up. Only complaint is after a year it is fading to that weird purplish color. They do make polyester and nylon dyes so going to see if that will fix it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

rl206

Nice buddy, I have the tailgate storage and it works great and tons of storage i also picked up some extra molle bags at yardsales to fill it up. Only complaint is after a year it is fading to that weird purplish color. They do make polyester and nylon dyes so going to see if that will fix it.

Yeah, can't go wrong w/ MOLLE!

Yeah, I read couple reviews about that fading too. I don't plan on having my top off as much as half of you guys being I'm in western WA. So hopefully that slows it down

Last edited:

madstiles

Yeah, can't go wrong w/ MOLLE!

Yeah, I read couple reviews about that fading too. I don't plan on having my top off as much as half of you guys being I'm in western WA. So hopefully that slows it down
That will probably make a big difference, I also live in Florida and keep the top off a lot.

rl206

Took advantage of the weather near Seattle today and cut my fenders. Did a different cut than my last JK. Ran out of time to add the finishes touches like paint rear fenderwells, trim, etc. So will do that in a couple days and post more pics.

IMG_0710 by Ryan Lamb, on Flickr

Top Bottom