Cooper

davidc128

Im running 33" cooper atp right now. I wheel bout once a month and use my jeep as a dd... whos running stt or st maxx 35" on there dd... im looking for something more aggressive on the trail but bad on the interstate... i ran Fierce Attitude 35s b4 Goodyear bought them out and loved them.. unbelievable quite on the interstate but still good traction on rock and cleaned out well. Only reason im not going back with those is because ill never put another set of goodyear tires on any of my vehicles... any suggestions will b appreciated!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
Im running 33" cooper atp right now. I wheel bout once a month and use my jeep as a dd... whos running stt or st maxx 35" on there dd... im looking for something more aggressive on the trail but bad on the interstate... i ran Fierce Attitude 35s b4 Goodyear bought them out and loved them.. unbelievable quite on the interstate but still good traction on rock and cleaned out well. Only reason im not going back with those is because ill never put another set of goodyear tires on any of my vehicles... any suggestions will b appreciated!

Running 285x70 17 on my JK, they are great tires on and offroad @ 2.0 bars(29 psi) on and 1.1(15 psi) off....can go lower, no probs in rocks. I'm going to switch to STT Pro's because they should be better in mud where i find the ST Maxx to be a bit lacking......

Jkbroc

I've owned the ST Maxx's in 37's and I currently own the STT in 37's also. I feel the Maxx's were louder on the street than the Pro's with worse traction on snow and mud. Between the two I like the Pro's. Now if you aren't a die-hard Cooper fan. I did run the ko2's for a 285/70/17 for a bit and they handled pretty well in the mud and have very well street manors.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

davidc128

I've owned the ST Maxx's in 37's and I currently own the STT in 37's also. I feel the Maxx's were louder on the street than the Pro's with worse traction on snow and mud. Between the two I like the Pro's. Now if you aren't a die-hard Cooper fan. I did run the ko2's for a 285/70/17 for a bit and they handled pretty well in the mud and have very well street manors.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
My father in law runs ko2s on his jeep he doesnt like them even tho they out performed me and my cooper atps last time out... stt pro sounds like the way ro go

WJCO

Meme King
I'm liking the Cooper STT Pros as well. I also liked the BFG mud terrains for every application other than snow-packed roads. Otherwise I found them to be a decent tire as well.

Jkbroc

I'm liking the Cooper STT Pros as well. I also liked the BFG mud terrains for every application other than snow-packed roads. Otherwise I found them to be a decent tire as well.
This was my first winter running the STT Pro's and had one good snow storm where the roads were a mess for a day or two and then a day or two with icy, slick and slushy conditions and they handle great. Obviously like any icy situation being mindful of the skinny pedal the tires did their job.

To the OP. I don't think you can go wrong with the STT Pro's or even the KO2. Both are fantastic tires.

If you're looking for quiet I would say go KO2. You'll sacrifice a little offroading capabilities but they will be quiet.

If you go STT Pros you'll gain great offroad ability but it'll be a little louder. They handle well on the rocks with the Armor Tec side wall and as posted above have great traction in all conditions. I have about 8-10K on them and they seem to be wearing well.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

madstiles

I'm running st maxx and love them! Great on road and in rain, haven't been stuck yet off-road quietest tire I've run buying another set for our truck once the nittos are done. I don't do allot of mud so don't know their but i researched for about a year before buying them and hard pressed to find a bad review definitely glad I pulled the trigger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Andy5160

Hooked
Can anyone confirm that STT Pros do not come in 35x12.5x17 however equivalent metric size is 315x70RX17.

Thank's

Last edited:

desertrunner

so far i have been very happy with my STT Pros they are solid on the trails they are a world of a difference on snowy roads from the KM2s i had on my last jeep and i honestly think they are more quiet on the highway than the duratracs i have on my Tacoma

J

JKDream

i ran Fierce Attitude 35s b4 Goodyear bought them out and loved them.. unbelievable quite on the interstate but still good traction on rock and cleaned out well. Only reason im not going back with those is because ill never put another set of goodyear tires on any of my vehicles... any suggestions will b appreciated!

I'm going to assume you've had the pleasure of running their MTRs? :bleh:

ben@badassjeeps

I have nothing but good things to say about the Cooper STT Pro's. My stock BFG KM's had about 90,000 miles on them (which was impressive!) and so it was time for new shoes. So I slapped on the 315/70/17's (metric equavalent to 35's) and couldn't have been happier.

We had the worst winter here in Vancouver in decades and because our climate is so close to sea level we saw just about everything. You name it, we had it. Ice, rain, hail and lots of snow. The generally shitty road conditions made for a great test for this tire and even thick sheets of ice going up hill, I still managed to find traction. Now that the snow has gone, we've had nothing but torrential rain and I have to admit they still perform great. No hydroplaning like my old MTR's. The tires themselves are also pleasantly quiet. You almost don't even notice the hum, but personally I like the sound :).

:beer:

catahoula

Caught the Bug

Call me goofy, but I have own several sets of BFG M/T's. The set you gave me seem to wear better then the others since you had them snipped. I have not rotated for yet.

WJCO

Meme King
Call me goofy, but I have own several sets of BFG M/T's. The set you gave me seem to wear better then the others since you had them snipped. I have not rotated for yet.

I too noticed quite an improvement after they were siped. It was noticeable.

Journeyman

Siped tires will wear a lot more even than non siped. This can also make a mud tire actually perform quite well in conditions like rain and snow.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Siped tires will wear a lot more even than non siped. This can also make a mud tire actually perform quite well in conditions like rain and snow.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I saw this was a cooper thread but I couldn't decide between stt pro or Goodyear duratrac and my final decision was the duratrac due to more siping. The Michelins on my work truck are heavily siped too and they are 100% better tire than the firestones from the factory

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

davidc128

Ive never sipped a tire b4 i always thought it was more of an ice application, here in east tx theres more ice in my freezer than on the roads in a year haha, but yall r saying it help it wear more evenly... do yall do the sipping yourself?

Top Bottom