Napalm's Billet Steel Vol. 2! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Pictury Diary.

Napalm

Hello all!

As I was going through Steel's original build thread last night, I realized how cluttered up it was due to my obsession swapping parts back and forth so many times(I know, my fault). So, I decided to streamline it and create a new build thread to move forward with. (Sorry mods, hope this is okay) This should make it easier to read and follow. For anyone who wants to see it, here is Steel's original build thread:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=33896

A little about me, My name is Nathan and I am a 25 year old Firefighter/Paramedic in East Texas. My wife and I love Jeeps, and Steel is our 5th one.

Steel began life in 2016 when I purchased her from a local Jeep dealer where I'd purchased the Jeep before her. She is a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S with several options. Here is one of the first pictures of her:
IMG_1937.JPG

Here is 30 minutes later, her first time off road:
IMG_1938.JPG

Her first trip to Barnwell Mountain OHV area!:
IMG_1951.JPG

Stage 1 was focused on recovery, and included EVO 1/4 Pounder, EVO Stinger, EVO Leveling kit, and EVO rear D ring mounts. It also included a Bestop TrekTop NX and Truck Lite LED headlights.
IMG_1939.JPG
IMG_1940.JPG

I then upgraded to some Rubi wheels & tires.
IMG_1950.JPG

Shortly after that(2 weeks), I upgraded to a set of 35s with 16 inch wheels. I welded on C gussets at this point as well.
IMG_1941.JPG

Starting stage two, I realized I upgraded to 35s too soon and swapped back down to Rubicon Wheels and tires. I also added a Warn winch, and some custom decals.
IMG_1942.JPG

Here is how she sits today.
IMG_1895.jpg
IMG_1943.JPG
IMG_1896.jpg

This new build thread has two purposes, first is to continue to document stage two without all the clutter from all my
Indecisive swaps! LoL! And second is to do a better job of doing pictures and photo essays.

Stage 2 currently in the works is:
- Bestop Soft half doors
- Rancho shocks
- Flashcal

Much more to come! Thanks for following and I hope you enjoy the pictures and adventures!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Napalm

For comical purposes, here is a look into my indecisiveness and all the different tops Steel has worn. All these useless swaps are part of the reason this new thread was created. (That and to keep me accountable to get out and wheel more for picture and adventure purposes)

Factory hard top
IMG_1948.JPG

Black diamond TrekTop NX
IMG_1949.JPG

Factory Jeep soft top
IMG_1946.JPG

Twill Bestop TrekTop NX
IMG_1945.JPG

Bestop TrekTop NX in Black Diamond. Wait... AGAIN? [emoji23]
IMG_1944.JPG

This is all over the course of one year.

Napalm

Looking great....love to see it all together to watch the transformation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks man! Can't wait to move forward from here.

Ha! Love the honesty and all the different looks [emoji106]

LoL, I'll be the first to say I've messed up many times with this build. That being said, I'm happy where it's at and I am excited to move forward.

Lol. Looking good!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thank you!!

I want a set of two piece soft doors. [emoji19]

Tell me about it! I'm just going to go with the bottoms. I wouldn't ever use the uppers!

Nice reboot and recap! [emoji106]

Thanks man! After looking through the old build thread, I just felt it needed a fresh start.

Napalm

Looking sweet Dawg! Can I get some info on your front lights and brackets on the 1/4'r? Are they just attached to the fairlead?

Thanks man. No, they are attached to an EVO center mount fairlead light mount. Here recently, I've been considering moving them up to the A Pillars and putting some amber cubes on the bumper. Maybe...

Great shot! :thumb:

Thank you!

Looking good!!

Thanks man!

Welcome to WAL :standing wave: :cheesy:

Thanks Dave! I joined so maybe I'd actually take my Jeep off pavement for once!

This is my 2nd favorite build thread. Napalm billet steel being my first! Haha. No but seriously your jeep is looking great!!

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Haha! Thank you so much, I sure appreciate you saying that and following the build thread.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Thanks man. No, they are attached to an EVO center mount fairlead light mount. Here recently, I've been considering moving them up to the A Pillars and putting some amber cubes on the bumper. Maybe...

Did you hook those up to your fog light switch? I was thinking of doing that if I go with the 1/4.

Top Bottom