VIDEO : A Close-Up Look at the Dynatrac PRO 1550 Steering Knuckle

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The Dynatrac PRO 1550 steering knuckle is perhaps the single best option that they've made available for their awesome XD60 front axle. As you'll see in this short video, the PRO 1550 is made right here in the U.S.A., out of military grade aluminum and while they are massive in size, they only weigh about 1.5 lbs. more than a factory knuckle and about 8 lbs. LESS than a PRO 60. Of course, in addition to being bigger, stronger and lighter than a PRO 60, they're also specifically designed to significantly reduce scrub radius, run larger upper ball joints and accept a huge 1550 U-joint or Series 30 CV joint. We hope that you'll enjoy our presentation and find it informative. :cool:

Also, if you haven't seen it already, I've made several updates to my REVERE THE STEER thread and contains tests that Cindy and I have done to show how just much less scrubbing Rubicat is seeing with our new XD60 front axle with PRO 1550 steering knuckles and how much of a tighter turning radius she has over Moby, who's still running a ProRock 60 with PRO 60 knuckles. Click on this link to see the results now:

REVERE THE STEER Test Results

:thumb:

WJCO

Meme King
That's really cool. Massive knuckle. So I assume this knuckle only works on the new XD60? Does it fit on any other one ton axles?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's really cool. Massive knuckle. So I assume this knuckle only works on the new XD60? Does it fit on any other one ton axles?

The PRO 1550 is designed specifically for the XD60. It will NOT work on any other one ton axle.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Goodness that knuckle is huge! Thanks for the video side by side

Glad you liked it. Cindy and I were thinking it's probably the best way to illustrate just how big the new PRO 1550 steering knuckle really is. Crazy that's also stronger than a PRO 60 and 8 lbs. lighter - about the same weight as a tiny factory knuckle. :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How does it compare to Reid's super 60 knuckles?

:cheesy: Being that Dynatrac doesn't offer one as an option, I can't say that I really care. That being said, I'd assume that among other things, the Reid knuckle are orange, are is still made out of super heavy iron, have bolt on steering arms and doesn't have the steering axis inclination and reduced scrub radius that PRO 1550 have.

Top Bottom