Thread: C Gussets - Water Drain?

Fresh Catch

C Gussets - Water Drain?

Hi everyone,

Today is gusset day for me, and after looking at countless threads, I can't say I've found a consistent indication of where/how much to weld.

It seems to me, that most people end up fully closing off the bottom of the upper gusset, and since it seems they leave the vertical parts un-welded, that there is a significant chance of water being trapped. I've also seen about 100 different ways people have done it, which seems strange to me, when it should be a straightforward "color by numbers " exercise, if there were any good instructions on where to weld.

So, does anyone have the definitive "weld here" picture, or at least recommendations for it? EVOs instructions don't even say. Is the water drain issue an actual issue?

Thanks!

I just looked at mine. They are open on the bottom so they drain water. Just don't do what a shop did in another thread and welded them on upside down!

IMG_5466 by Zimm17, on Flickr

Untitled by Zimm17, on Flickr
    2015 JKU Rubicon

Fresh Catch
    Simms, those pics were perfect, thanks! Got halfway through today, other half tomorrow, then Moab on Wednesday. Feeling good about getting these done first!

IMG_1713.jpgwelded where it meets the c. But left the corners open.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by zimm View Post
    I just looked at mine. They are open on the bottom so they drain water. Just don't do what a shop did in another thread and welded them on upside down!

IMG_5466 by Zimm17, on Flickr

Untitled by Zimm17, on Flickr
    Amen!

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please - Mark Twain

Good info