Clutch Creaking Noise (Video)

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I had a similar creak in the clutch of my 09 and a brake fluid flush with some fresh synthetic fixed it.

jkrichard

That creaking has been common since 2007. I'm swapping out the slave this week. There was a tsb on it in the early model jk not sure about anything more current.

PS those are some pointy ass shoes for driving a jeep. Haha

egralia

i have been having the same problem on my 16 jku. It stared around 4k miles. The first time they changed the clutch and throwout bearing and gave me a big deal that I went off roading. About a week later the tranny died. The noise came back about a month later. Around 10k the slave broke pouring brake fluid everywhere. Took it to another dealer and they fixed the following day. Week later the same noise came back. It only happens when the jeep has been driven for more than 20mins. I pretty much just decided to live with the noise.

eazy

I finally took it in to the dealership. They said it's very common for the clutch to make that noise and there is nothing they can do to get rid of it. They've tried in the past without any luck.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Slimebones

Had this happening to mine, '07 Rubicon. Replaced slave cylinder, did not cure. Shortly after this the throw-out bearing started squealing increasingly louder and more often. Replaced the throw-out bearing (& clutch since I was in there). Six months now and no unusual noises.

jknikos

I have cluch noises since I bought my jk new in 2009 especially after the serious mud started. But I think the noise on the OPs jeep is not tolerable, especially in a brand new jeep.

Top Bottom