on that college grind to live that jeep life!

thatcherryjku

Hey all!

Disclaimer, this is a long post lol

TL;DR: jeeper that's currently jeepless wants to be in a jeep community and rambles on about herself.

Before I introduce myself, I currently don't own a Jeep :( my mom had a '12 JKU deep cherry (deets in profile) that she traded in in february because we were consistently having heat issues so she got a subaru. There was casting sand that was never getting cleaned out completely whenever we brought it to the dealership and so it kept clogging the heat and we live in the north so... that's an issue lol. She just was getting sick of it and decided to trade in and couldn't find a wrangler out there that would fit what they wanted.

I am jeepless at the moment BUT my family has always owned a jeep essentially (my dad had a CJ and a TJ, my mom had a TJ and two JKUs before the subie). My cousin owns a deep cherry JKU sahara, my uncle owns a YJ, and my other uncle owns a brick red JK (which i'd like to buy but that college life). I own an 08 hyundai sonata GLS that i meticulously take care of but hoping to sell after the end of the summer if I have enough money for a jeep.

I joined because I'd like to stay in a community of jeepers and hopefully get a checklist of modifications to do once i get my wrangler! I'm also into other car things like autocross (solo 2) and I'm working at a racetrack over the summer to keep the jeep fund alive. This forum will hopefully help me keep my dreams alive :)

A little about me... I am a full time student and I could probably sing along to every song played on a classic rock station. I enjoy reading and history and am trying to get into the STEM field. I hope to inspire more young women to get into the STEM and automotive industries one day :)

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Hey all!

A little about me... I am a full time student and I could probably sing along to every song played on a classic rock station. I enjoy reading and history and am trying to get into the STEM field. I hope to start my own YT channel eventually doing jeep vlogs and offroad adventures and I hope to inspire girls and women everywhere on getting into the STEM field and following their dreams.

Welcome.... Make sure you double check the rules here because that sure seems like a competing interest.

dillard09

Welcome to the family from SoCal. Sounds like you have a great head on your shoulder and know what you want. It will come one day. This place has tons of knowledge so ask and someone has been there or know. Good luck in school!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

TRLJNKY

Welcome to Wal! In all seriousness sounds like you have solid ambition and a plan. Good knowledge here and good luck on your future build.

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

thatcherryjku

Welcome.... Make sure you double check the rules here because that sure seems like a competing interest.

Haha no I wouldn't dare. I'm self made and self motivated so I wouldn't try to take views or people away from WAL. I don't promote or condone stealing someone else's audience or fire. I got a degree to work on anyway.

Thank you to everyone else for the warm welcome!!

Last edited:

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Welcome aboard, just use your college fund to buy the Jeep. Jeeps are cooler than degrees anyway. Plus you can go into a trade like welding and build your own custom bumpers and whatnot. Seriously, post up some Jeep pics when you get one, and read as much tech here as you can in the mean time.

thatcherryjku

Welcome aboard, just use your college fund to buy the Jeep. Jeeps are cooler than degrees anyway. Plus you can go into a trade like welding and build your own custom bumpers and whatnot. Seriously, post up some Jeep pics when you get one, and read as much tech here as you can in the mean time.

I learned welding in high school, actually! Diagnostic genetics is more my thing though lol. Im want jeeping to be a therapy but! Hopefully either the end of summer this year or next year I'll have a build ready to go! I've been eyeing an 01 SE that's running general grabbers.

Last edited:

CarolinaJK

Welcome! I know all about that "college life". Currently in my third year. It's tough to have an expensive hobby like this and go to school, but it's definitely possible. Save up your money and post up pictures when you get one! Good luck [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

thatcherryjku

Welcome! I know all about that "college life". Currently in my third year. It's tough to have an expensive hobby like this and go to school, but it's definitely possible. Save up your money and post up pictures when you get one! Good luck [emoji1360]

I definitely feel that! I'm finishing up my second year and hoping to transfer back to my first college for better opportunity/home state so i can continue working through the racing season and then some. Thank you for assuring me that it's possible though!

Welcome from Colorado!

Thank you!

JKU EXTREME

Welcome to Wayalife bud. And don't feel like you're an odd one out just because you're in college. I'm in college and started a college based jeep group in my area because all the other groups had big rigs and did big rig things that our jeeps couldn't do (college budget and all). I run it with a couple of my buddies and we have a great time with our peers who own jeeps. You'll get you're jeep one day bro, and trust me when I say it's a dream come true.

Kalums

Welcome to WAL from a fellow college student, finished my first career and now working on an aerospace engineering degree WITH a full family...I share your dilemma... School is expensive, but I want Jeep parts... But I just finished paying off my Jeep in Feb. Also I still have no school debt either. Fill out every application you can for free $$$ I get some for the simple reason that I was the only one willing to fill out the application and write a 2-3 page paper on myself and aspirations. Just remember save for what you want don't settle for what you can get "right now".

Edited because auto correct is evil.
Sent from my LG-LS997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

thatcherryjku

Welcome to Wayalife bud. And don't feel like you're an odd one out just because you're in college. I'm in college and started a college based jeep group in my area because all the other groups had big rigs and did big rig things that our jeeps couldn't do (college budget and all). I run it with a couple of my buddies and we have a great time with our peers who own jeeps. You'll get you're jeep one day bro, and trust me when I say it's a dream come true.

I am part of my college's car club and I'm currently in a KDM group with my car haha but there isn't a lot of serious wheeling around here. Most of the big rigs are mall crawlers, which I respect, but most of the wheelers around here are TJs.

You're not alone. Welcome to WAL.

Thank you!

Welcome to WAL from AZ.

Hang in there! First thing I did after college was sell my truck and get a Jeep! Dreams do come true haha

I'm doing my best! I'm hoping to sell my car after this summer with money saved to get a jeep and then getting an autocross car after college lol.

Welcome to WAL from a fellow college student, finished my first career and now working on an aerospace engineering degree WITH a full family...I share your dilemma... School is expensive, but I want Jeep parts... But I just finished paying off my Jeep in Feb. Also I still have no school debt either. Fill out every application you can for free $$$ I get some for the simple reason that I was the only one willing to fill out the application and write a 2-3 page paper on myself and aspirations. Just remember save for what you want don't settle for what you can get "right now".

Edited because auto correct is evil.
Sent from my LG-LS997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have some debt but I'm trying to transfer back to my in state university for a better program. I'm not worried about paying off anything and I think I'll be able to build my dream jeep :) unfortunately I don't qualify for a lot of free dough because I am in a better situation financially that I'm grateful for... still annoying though lol. My current car is having transmission issues that worries me which is why Im trying to save for something right now since I currently have a 5.5 hr drive on major highways through four states if Im not able to transfer.

Amrth

Hey all!

Disclaimer, this is a long post lol

TL;DR: jeeper that's currently jeepless wants to be in a jeep community and rambles on about herself.

Before I introduce myself, I currently don't own a Jeep :( my mom had a '12 JKU deep cherry (deets in profile) that she traded in in february because we were consistently having heat issues so she got a subaru. There was casting sand that was never getting cleaned out completely whenever we brought it to the dealership and so it kept clogging the heat and we live in the north so... that's an issue lol. She just was getting sick of it and decided to trade in and couldn't find a wrangler out there that would fit what they wanted.

I am jeepless at the moment BUT my family has always owned a jeep essentially (my dad had a CJ and a TJ, my mom had a TJ and two JKUs before the subie). My cousin owns a deep cherry JKU sahara, my uncle owns a YJ, and my other uncle owns a brick red JK (which i'd like to buy but that college life). I own an 08 hyundai sonata GLS that i meticulously take care of but hoping to sell after the end of the summer if I have enough money for a jeep.

I joined because I'd like to stay in a community of jeepers and hopefully get a checklist of modifications to do once i get my wrangler! I'm also into other car things like autocross (solo 2) and I'm working at a racetrack over the summer to keep the jeep fund alive. This forum will hopefully help me keep my dreams alive :)

A little about me... I am a full time student and I could probably sing along to every song played on a classic rock station. I enjoy reading and history and am trying to get into the STEM field. I hope to inspire more young women to get into the STEM and automotive industries one day :)

Welcome aboard :beer:

Top Bottom