Jw Speaker tail lights VS amazon look alikes.

rubiconrunner

I'm looking to upgrade my tail lights. Found these on amazon IMG_5173.jpg for under $100

And the jw speaker tail lights for 285.

Anyone have any luck with the amazon ones? I'm definitely not on a budget build. But things as simple as tail lights I would consider the cheaper option.

Any cons with the Amazon versions

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

I've seen comparisons on YouTube that show them to be very similar other than small differences such as the pieces they have on them. I also heard the off brand ones have a problem letting water in. I think the light output was pretty comparable though.

J

JKDream

Good info, didn't think about YouTube [emoji106]

I'll probably get a lot of shit for this, but honestly most of the china LED brands are pretty much the exact same thing you are buying from JW and Trucklite.
They both use the same Cree or Osram chipsets. The only difference is the build quality. However, some of the chinese knockoffs are getting quite decent.
Some of them do have condensation issues - and can be fixed quite easily with some silicon. I'm running trucklite knockoffs - and I haven't had any condensation issues.
They're heated - and I paid less than $100. The price of LED lights is insane. I work in semiconductors - and how cheap the parts are is ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:

GraniteCrystal

I struggle with paying full price for JW or TruckLites as well. However, I like supporting American companies, I like warranties, I like buying once and buying quality, I like looking at my Jeep and knowing is used quality parts rather than cutting corners, I like knowing I can go into remote areas and my Jeep will bring me and my family home safely.

J

JKDream

I struggle with paying full price for JW or TruckLites as well. However, I like supporting American companies, I like warranties, I like buying once and buying quality, I like looking at my Jeep and knowing is used quality parts rather than cutting corners, I like knowing I can go into remote areas and my Jeep will bring me and my family home safely.

I agree, and there's honestly nothing wrong with it. I respect you for choosing to buy American.

I have a bias knowing the value of these parts, but this is just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

aermotor

:thumb:

Couldn't agree more.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I'll probably get a lot of shit for this, but honestly most of the china LED brands are pretty much the exact same thing you are buying from JW and Trucklite.
They both use the same Cree or Osram chipsets. The only difference is the build quality. However, some of the chinese knockoffs are getting quite decent.
Some of them do have condensation issues - and can be fixed quite easily with some silicon. I'm running trucklite knockoffs - and I haven't had any condensation issues.
They're heated - and I paid less than $100. The price of LED lights is insane. I work in semiconductors - and how cheap the parts are is ridiculous.

That line, says it all. "The only difference is the build quality."

Last edited:

rubiconrunner

I paid full price for the headlights and Fogs from JW Speaker simply because I believe that's an area there's no need to cut corners on. Just like a winch, everyone said oh the cheaper brands get it done just fine, and they might.., but I felt safer with a warn.

Now tail lights? I'm just having a hard time throwing almost $300 at tails. Especially when the new GoPro drone just came out and I'm dying to get my hands on one Hahaha

rubiconrunner

I'm sure there would be less of a build quality, but these are JUST tail lights. And if I can't see with my reverse lights engaged, I have an AEV tire carrier with 2 pods mounted on top and a poison spyder custom bumper with 2 6" light bars. Plenty of lighting

I watched the youtube videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejrOm6YKEmk

The build quality is better, and the lights seem to be a little brighter. Main thing for me is being able to call the company and have someone in this country answer and fix my problems.

Also, not to sound like a snob, but i want to look at my jeep and not ever think "i wish i had gotten xxx instead"

Last edited:

notnalc68

I watched the youtube videos (not going to post, but just search for jw speaker VS xxxx and it will pop up)

The build quality is better, and the lights seem to be a little brighter. Main thing for me is being able to call the company and have someone in this country answer and fix my problems.

Also, not to sound like a snob, but i want to look at my jeep and not ever think "i wish i had gotten xxx instead"

There is no reason you can't post it.

notnalc68

I paid full price for the headlights and Fogs from JW Speaker simply because I believe that's an area there's no need to cut corners on. Just like a winch, everyone said oh the cheaper brands get it done just fine, and they might.., but I felt safer with a warn.

Now tail lights? I'm just having a hard time throwing almost $300 at tails. Especially when the new GoPro drone just came out and I'm dying to get my hands on one Hahaha

I'm not spending $95 on them. Mine came with tail lights.

davidc128

Not sure bout tail lights but i bought knock off hid projector headlights from amazon first off once they finally sent the right connectors (h4 to h13) i hooked them up and was wildly disappointed werent much brighter than stock second problem was once i tightened the bezel down all the way i could spin the headlight with my hand... not even close! I returned them and bought trucklites well worth the money! More than please with my trucklites lesson learned for me no more knock offs!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom