Road of Bones, etc...

Warebear

So here i am in Japan on another deployment, thousands of miles from my Jeep. If im not working or at the gym, im watching videos of crazy adventures around the world. So i just had a crazy idea.
What if the JKX did a trip to somewhere like the Road of Bones? Or maybe if some people here were interested in a trip like that. It would be an awesome trip, and i would love to be a part of it. Just wondering if anyone else has ever considered doing trips like that?

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I'm traveling around Japan at the moment currently in Kyoto and have only seen maybe 2 or 3 jeeps and bugger all 4x4s except for Mercedes G wagens. Is there anywhere to go off road here? Doesn't really look like it from what I've seen.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RedSheep

I have considered it and would love to run the kolyma highway or the pamir highway, hell even just doing something like the budapest to bamako rally would rock .. sadly like a lot of folks, My pockets are nowhere near deep enough to make any of them a reality. .. but Yes it would be one hell of trip.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman did the Road of Bones on bikes for a show called The long way Round. That whole trip looked like it would be fun in a Jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DH2002

Since the series (also check out race to Dakar, and long way down). They rebuilt most of the road due to increased tourism and usage. They rerouted it and now is shorter and the old part is completely abandoned. Def a bucket list item to try one day....

US Army Combat Vet. Afghanistan 2010-2011

Top Bottom