Tires

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I think they're good tires, I don't run them but know people who do. I almost bought them for my Tacoma, but ended up going with Duratracs instead.

gheller

Your link is not taking me to the actual tire. Are you talking about Cooper Discoverer STT Pros?
I have them and like them a lot. Other members here run them too, as well as Eddie and they are highly regarded.

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Your link is not taking me to the actual tire. Are you talking about Cooper Discoverer STT Pros?
I have them and like them a lot. Other members here run them too, as well as Eddie and they are highly regarded.

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

When I clicked it, it showed the Cooper MTP.

WJCO

Meme King
What is your goal for your Jeep on tires? This particular tire or are you looking for advice on something else regarding tires?

gheller

Got it after another few clicks. This looks much like the STT Pros but with a 2 ply sidewall as opposed to the 3ply of the Pros.
Relatively new tire exclusive to Discount Tires.
Seems to me it would have very much the same characteristics as the STT's but be a bit more comfortable as a DD and more vulnerable out on rough terrain.

Discount Tire

I'm sure this is already a subject but for some reason I can't find it on mobile. If you know where I should go send link.

I'm looking at tires for my 2012 JK and this is the best deal I can find so far. Has anyone had these and or give good recommendations?

http://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/cooper-discoverer-mtp/p/11968

-JCW-

The Cooper Discoverer MTP is a very solid tire that works well for many. The right tire for you depends on your needs and driving priorities.

You can't go wrong with Discount Tire IMHO. :like:

JCW

DISCOVERER MTP is the one I have in the link. For $206ea. I have always ran toyo MT but I'm trying to expand my selection.

-JCW-

JCW

What is your goal for your Jeep on tires? This particular tire or are you looking for advice on something else regarding tires?

I'm aiming for good quality for the price. In my mind I'm comparing to Toyo MT

-JCW-

JCW

Got it after another few clicks. This looks much like the STT Pros but with a 2 ply sidewall as opposed to the 3ply of the Pros.
Relatively new tire exclusive to Discount Tires.
Seems to me it would have very much the same characteristics as the STT's but be a bit more comfortable as a DD and more vulnerable out on rough terrain.

Thank you for your in put this jeep is my daily driver my road trip car and my mountain crawler. I'm trying to make the best universal jeep I can. I'm going to add a 2 or 2.5 lift as well . I'm having to be very tight with the money I'm spending so I need to be as cautious as possible. Any advice is always welcomed.

-JCW-

JCW

I ended up going with the TA KO2 by BFG!!! And I love them. The size I chose is 33s and I love them. Thanks for all the help!

-JCW-

mauijim

I just picked up some Cooper STT Pro 37” tires. Now for the fun part of installing the beadlocks. What’s everyone’s thoughts on the tire pressure for in town on these

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I just picked up some Cooper STT Pro 37” tires. Now for the fun part of installing the beadlocks. What’s everyone’s thoughts on the tire pressure for in town on these

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Put chalk across the tread. Drive the jeep about 50 ft backwards and then forward again to where you started. The chalk should be evenly worn off when pressure is correct. I bet you'll find around 30 psi will be correct.

Top Bottom