Hope none of y'all need to get to Atlanta!

longarmwj

Nothing exciting really happens in Atlanta, but currently I85 which goes from Atlanta all the way north to Maine caught fire and collapsed. Luckily nobody has been killed or hurt that has been reported, but there are people on the highway who are going to be stuck there for hours while DOT gets everybody rerouted.

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/245059796-story

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

longarmwj

I wouldn't say they got things handled. We have yet to see the repercussions of this. Wait till rush hour in the morning.

I'm so glad I don't have to drive down that way often. They're predicting the southbound lanes to be closed for a few weeks. The northbound which is where the bridge fell, will be closed for a few months. I85 is a main artery into Atlanta and it's a HUGE shipping route. It's going to be very interesting to see how it effects the city.

naysjp

Caught the Bug
Just sounds like arson. Those spools have probably been there during the winter and all of a sudden a fire gets ahold of them. I'm not sure but it sounds like total arson. Wow! took me back to when I lived in Hotlanta in 1993.

BigPrince

I'm so glad I don't have to drive down that way often. They're predicting the southbound lanes to be closed for a few weeks. The northbound which is where the bridge fell, will be closed for a few months. I85 is a main artery into Atlanta and it's a HUGE shipping route. It's going to be very interesting to see how it effects the city.

Legally, trucks are barred from going through the city on 75/85 except to do business in the city.
https://dps.georgia.gov/sites/dps.g...age/07 - Trucks Using Multi-Lane Highways.pdf

So this won't directly affect shipping. However, all the commute and other traffic that would go that way will clog up 285,400,&75 now affecting shipping. My office is over 400 in Buckhead maybe 2miles from that fire and I am dreading the 285/75 commute. It's going to f'd for months, maybe a year or more.

Top Bottom