I found this at a local dealership.

Killjoy

There is a 2010 Wrangler Sport with a "WAYALIFE" sticker across the top of the windshield, and "RUBIZON" across the hood.
It's in Stockton CA.
I'm wondering if anyone here knows whose it was, and what might be wrong with it, before I go in and haggle with the dealership (I don't like dealing with car salesmen). I only assume something may be wrong with it, because someone got rid of it. They may have wanted to upsize to an Unlimited for a four door for all I know.

Thanks in advance.

Alan

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
There is a 2010 Wrangler Sport with a "WAYALIFE" sticker across the top of the windshield, and "RUBIZON" across the hood.
It's in Stockton CA.
I'm wondering if anyone here knows whose it was, and what might be wrong with it, before I go in and haggle with the dealership (I don't like dealing with car salesmen). I only assume something may be wrong with it, because someone got rid of it. They may have wanted to upsize to an Unlimited for a four door for all I know.

Thanks in advance.

Alan

Why would you assume that? Maybe someone didn't like the 3.8 and wanted an upgrade, or maybe for financial reasons they had to get rid of their Jeep. I think there's a lot more reasons people trade in their cars rather than something being wrong with it :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Why would you assume that? Maybe someone didn't like the 3.8 and wanted an upgrade, or maybe for financial reasons they had to get rid of their Jeep. I think there's a lot more reasons people trade in their cars rather than something being wrong with it :crazyeyes:

Couldn't agree more. :yup:

Killjoy

Funny how you quoted one part of my comment and not the next where I said or maybe they wanted an upgrade?

Anyway, here's the photo.

IMG_2773.jpg

Killjoy

It's in Stockton CA.

Thanks in advance.

Alan

Couldn't agree more. :yup:

Please see the section of my original post, that I have set in bold text.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Please see the section of my original post, that I have set in bold text.

:cheesy: It's all good buddy. Wasn't trying to call you out or anything, just agreeing with BananaJeep regarding the "part" about your assumption that "something may be wrong with it". :crazyeyes:

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Looks like a nice Jeep. Too bad he didn't have a build thread so you could see what was done to it.

Just because I know the dealer is going to charge an arm and a leg for it (because it seems like they do when they get any modded "cool looking" Jeep in...), it MIGHT be cheaper or same price to buy a stock 2012+ with the 3.6L engine and do some work yourself. IMO, the 3.6 is a better engine than the 3.8. I would much rather buy something stock and do all the work on it myself, only because I know it's done how I want it and I can choose what I want to it.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Looks like a nice Jeep. Too bad he didn't have a build thread so you could see what was done to it.

Just because I know the dealer is going to charge an arm and a leg for it (because it seems like they do when they get any modded "cool looking" Jeep in...), it MIGHT be cheaper or same price to buy a stock 2012+ with the 3.6L engine and do some work yourself. IMO, the 3.6 is a better engine than the 3.8. I would much rather buy something stock and do all the work on it myself, only because I know it's done how I want it and I can choose what I want to it.

For example... I looked it up, and for $500 more, I found a 2015 Red 2 door that is all stock, with only 47k miles as opposed to "RUBIZON" with 77k. So 30k less miles, and a better engine.... worth it in my book. But, at the end of the day, it's all up to you. Good luck with your decision, and if you've never owned a Jeep before, you won't regret buying one! :thumb:

Killjoy

Well folks, my search has ended. I found a lightly used 2013 10th Anniversary Edition Rubicon at a local shop. Less than 25 thousand miles on it. It is in pretty clean condition too.

IMG_9892.jpg IMG_9895.jpg IMG_0073.jpg

Now to start the build process.

Top Bottom