Which hood latches

WJCO

Meme King
So we need some new hood latches on the wife-mobile. I've seen good reviews on Drake, Rugged Ridge, and Daystar. I'm leaning towards Daystar just because they are an advertiser on the forum, but I trust the members here so what do you guys have to say. On our last road trip, hood shaked like a mofo across Kansas. I would like to order some in the next few days.

gheller

I purchased the Rugged Ridge black aluminum hood latches after a lot of research. I haven't put them on yet so can't tell you anything more than they looked better than everything else (imo) and had the best reviews. Looking at them and inspecting the quality they look very good. Will install this year.

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

Kyle7R

My wife ordered me the drake latches for Christmas, I wish I had done it sooner. I actually took them off the old jeep, to install on the new one, whenever I get a chance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

I did the Rugged Ridge latches and LOVE THEM!
View attachment 250921

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

I've had these for about a year and a half without any issues. Very functional and look great too.

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

WJCO

Meme King
One hour later......Went with the rugged ridge. Many of you had good stuff to say. Wife did not like the way the Drake ones looked. And Daystar only replaced the center section. She thought the RR ones looked cool, so it was settled, lol. Thank you all.

Journeyman

Rugged ridge here. Two years and no issues. No rust or paint chipping etc! And absolutely no hood flutter. I also like how their adjustable with the hood tension, allows you to perfectly dial in your hood. It's been a while but remember the install being super easy and straight forward except for the bottom of the drivers side gave me fits (tight spaces)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
One hour later......Went with the rugged ridge. Many of you had good stuff to say. Wife did not like the way the Drake ones looked. And Daystar only replaced the center section. She thought the RR ones looked cool, so it was settled, lol. Thank you all.

you will be happy with the Rugged Ridge, i've had them since they became available (2012/13??) and they're still holding great

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug

You'll like them. I've been running them for a couple of years and they work great to get rid of the hood dance on the freeway.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Yeah, like I said, Daystar should make the entire latch. Still, the work great.

Top Bottom