EVO no limits on demand

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Who's running the EVO no limits on demand swaybar disconnect and how did you set it up? I'm toying with the idea of running this but I'm looking for ideas to set it up. I currently run the manual EVO no limits set up and it works well. I have push button Rubicon envy however so I'm considering purchasing the on demand model.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SDG

Caught the Bug
I have it, as my ruby e-disco took a dump. It's on a switch next to my air compressor switch which is used for my lockers.

I have the small ARB that's mounted in the engine compartment. Only had the whole setup for a few weeks but so far I love it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

I have it, as my ruby e-disco took a dump. It's on a switch next to my air compressor switch which is used for my lockers.

I have the small ARB that's mounted in the engine compartment. Only had the whole setup for a few weeks but so far I love it.

What did you do with the huge plug and all the wiring that went to the factory motor?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What did you do with the huge plug and all the wiring that went to the factory motor?

I'd be interested to know as well. Me, I just coiled up the harness and zip tied it to the passenger side frame rail but I'd rather just cut it off.

Oh, and I don't have the On-Demand, just the manual. :crazyeyes:

JKbrick

I'd be interested to know as well. Me, I just coiled up the harness and zip tied it to the passenger side frame rail but I'd rather just cut it off.

It would be nice if the other end unplugged but it doesn't from what I can see

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It would be nice if the other end unplugged but it doesn't from what I can see

Nope and there are a ton of wires in the loom. I've been wanting to cut mine but was afraid that it might cause some kind of problem with the computer.

JKbrick

Nope and there are a ton of wires in the loom. I've been wanting to cut mine but was afraid that it might cause some kind of problem with the computer.

Exactly, it can't take that many wires to run that little motor so what are all the other ones for? Def won't cut it off, I'll let you try it first!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's whole harness for lockers sway bar and all the do-dads that come on a rubicon.

Right. And, being that it's disconnected from the sway bar motor and no longer completing a circuit, you would think you could just cut it off. At least, I want to believe I could but just can't get myself to do it :cheesy:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Right. And, being that it's disconnected from the sway bar motor and no longer completing a circuit, you would think you could just cut it off. At least, I want to believe I could but just can't get myself to do it :cheesy:

I had one of the plug ends that I got when I bought an old motor. Someone cut theirs off and hey didn't say anything was fucked up. Lol

SDG

Caught the Bug

That's what I had done since the e disco took a dump, taped them up and zip ties them out of the way. I noticed the rear for the locker had the same done to it, so I assume all the stuff is still there just zip tied out of the way. I will have to look.

benatc1

Hooked
I cut the elocker harnesses when I swapped out my rubi axles and haven't had any issues. On another note-Curious with this set up, would you need a second compressor if you are already running front and rear lockers?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's what I had done since the e disco took a dump, taped them up and zip ties them out of the way. I noticed the rear for the locker had the same done to it, so I assume all the stuff is still there just zip tied out of the way. I will have to look.

Okay, so I'm not the only one who's done this :crazyeyes:

I cut the elocker harnesses when I swapped out my rubi axles and haven't had any issues.

Really?? I may have to do this then :crazyeyes: :D

On another note-Curious with this set up, would you need a second compressor if you are already running front and rear lockers?

You can install a manifold on the compressor and attach one more connection to it.

JeepFan

Hooked

"cut it off" LMAO

benatc1

Hooked
Okay, so I'm not the only one who's done this :crazyeyes:

Really?? I may have to do this then :crazyeyes: :D

You can install a manifold on the compressor and attach one more connection to it.

Yea I was worried it may be an issues but read somewhere that it was a separate circuit, hence why it was easy to reinstall in another jeep, I had to move the harnesses over to my old 2 door when I was setting that up- no issues with sway bar since it any lights.

I may look into adding that manifold when my motor craps out

JAGS

Hooked
My wiring harness is wrapped in plastic and zipped up to frame rail as well. For whatever that is worth.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug

Thanks for the report. So how is the switch that activates the no limits wired? I have the ARB compressor already. It's set up for on board air and provides air for my front locker. My rear locker is a Rubi so I do have one free port on the compressor.

Robertcrav

Thanks for the report. So how is the switch that activates the no limits wired? I have the ARB compressor already. It's set up for on board air and provides air for my front locker. My rear locker is a Rubi so I do have one free port on the compressor.

You need a solenoid like arb uses for lockers

https://www.offroadevolution.com/product/evo-no-limits-on-demand-rubicon-swaybar-disconnect/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom