Floor Jack

Hightower

I have a jackall jack already but was thinking about caring a aluminum floor jack. Does anyone do this, if so do you have it on a bracket and where do you store it?

Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
hey chris, i have considered carry one too but, i'm already so tight on room that i wouldn't know where to store it. I carry a 12 ton bottle jack instead in the rear cubby along with some pieces of 2x4 and, they have always served me well on the trail.

Hightower

hey chris, i have considered carry one too but, i'm already so tight on room that i wouldn't know where to store it. I carry a 12 ton bottle jack instead in the rear cubby along with some pieces of 2x4 and, they have always served me well on the trail.

Eddie space is my main concern as well.
Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I got rid of my scissor jack awhile ago and just use this now. The 12 ton bottle jack goes pretty tall and the blocks of wood give me more options.

Attachments

• image-27053956.jpg
    image-27053956.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 128
I got rid of my scissor jack awhile ago and just use this now. The 12 ton bottle jack goes pretty tall and the blocks of wood give me more options.

I would do this, but I think I would miss the way my Jeep sways back and forth when lifted with the scissors...seriously, this is a good suggestion. I'm getting a bottle jack.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would do this, but I think I would miss the way my Jeep sways back and forth when lifted with the scissors...seriously, this is a good suggestion. I'm getting a bottle jack.

LOL at the swaying scissor jack. not so bad when stock but totally useless when trying to lift a 2,000 lb heavier vehicle even on stable ground.

i carry 4 pieces of cut down 2x4 blocks with my bottle jack and this allows me to make a wider base if on soft sand, stack them if needed to go taller and even position one vertically you need to get to a higher spot. it's really quite versatile and so much so that i can't even recall the last time i've used a hi-lift on the trail.

Hightower

That a good hiding spot you may have a convert on your hands. lol:clap2::clap2::clap2:

GCM 2

Holy Cow!!!

Man, Eddie will let anyone into this forum :bleh: What is going on my Calgary Brother? How are those 40"s working out for you Chris? Good to have you here on the forum my friend.

Hightower

Man, Eddie will let anyone into this forum :bleh: What is going on my Calgary Brother? How are those 40"s working out for you Chris? Good to have you here on the forum my friend.

Doing well brother. My Jeeps going to be in the auto show this month showing off the new shoes. The UPS man has been busy this week with Hydra steer & new RS seat showing up. you are looking very downtown Julie brown in the pictures. Hope you are well my friend..:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
LOL at the swaying scissor jack. not so bad when stock but totally useless when trying to lift a 2,000 lb heavier vehicle even on stable ground.

i carry 4 pieces of cut down 2x4 blocks with my bottle jack and this allows me to make a wider base if on soft sand, stack them if needed to go taller and even position one vertically you need to get to a higher spot. it's really quite versatile and so much so that i can't even recall the last time i've used a hi-lift on the trail.

This is why I wheel with you. I don't have to be prepared. You are :cool::bleh:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

:cheesy: what can i say :D

This is why I wheel with you. I don't have to be prepared. You are :cool::bleh:

LOL!! that only worked when you had a 2-door. gonna have to make you carry your own load now :cool:

FoxC

I carry a floor jack in the cargo space currently, but I too would like to get it out of there. I was at the Henderson 250 tech inspection yesterday checking out some of the trophy trucks and was spying some mounting ideas since they all carry an aluminum floor jack mounted somewhere on their race rigs.

One spot I'm looking at is where the stock exhaust is. Once I free that space up with a new exhaust it looks like it will be a good spot to weld in some tabs to mount it to.

Top Bottom