Starting over from scratch with a JKUR, the rise of Tonto

Kyle7R

This is a few weeks past due, but as many of you know things have been a little crazy in my world recently.

After falling into the Jeep world had first with our 2Door Rubi...

IMG_8700.JPG

Life happened, and we had to make some very drastic changes. Those changes included relocating from my native Texas, to the state of Colorado for a career opportunity.

After much consideration, my wife and I agreed that dropping down to a single vehicle was a good choice.

While we had both loved the Jeep, a 6-speed, soft top, two door was not very practical as a daily (shared) commuter.

So, the hunt for the perfect JKUR began. We had a short list of colors (because this thing will get wheeled) and we wanted leather, heated seats, and preferred a hard top (at least to start)

Long story short, we found our new (to us) JKUR in Greenville, Texas. A small town about an hour outside of Dallas. I haggled with them on this Jeep for nearly three weeks via phone, text, and email. Kept walking away until they got to where we wanted. Flew up, signed the papers, and drove home.

IMG_8701.JPG

I feel like we lucked into one with the saddle interior, we both really like.

IMG_8702.JPG

IMG_8703.JPG

I did manage to scavenge some mods from the 2Door before sale, just waiting on an opportunity to switch over.

Saved my EVO level, d-ring mounts and fascia, CB Radio, and a few other odds and ends

IMG_8704.JPG

Henry helped with the first "mod"

IMG_8705.JPG

He and Samantha definitely approve of the extra room.

Next up, was the move to Colorado.

IMG_8706.JPG

Close to 18 hours in a UHaul cab, will bring you closer as a family

IMG_8707.JPG

Our first weekend in Colorado, and my wife was the first one to get a little mud on the tires

20170401_160927.jpg

20170401_151850_1491081559994_1491083744494.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy5160

Hooked
Nice upgrade. Is it time of the year that i hear guys want unlimited wranglers?????

Enjoy your toy !!!!!!!!!!!!!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Subscribed!

sorry to see you guys go, but I consider your relocation as a BIG upgrade! :thumb:
We'll miss you guys on the trails. but will be following the build here and of course plan to make a few visits ;) Summer time, winter time, ski... who knows! :beer:

Kyle7R

Great pictures! Congrats on the new Jeep, and good luck in Colorado :thumb:
Thanks! Look forward to plenty more, it snowed here today and my wife took lots of pictures
Congrats! Welcome to a real state :cheesy:
So far, there's only two on my list I'd consider living in [emoji6]
congrats on the new rig! i like the interior!
It might just be my favorite part of the new rig!
Nice upgrade. Is it time of the year that i hear guys want unlimited wranglers?????

Enjoy your toy !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had the fever a few times, and stuffed out down. But it made the reward that much more satisfying
Subscribed!

sorry to see you guys go, but I consider your relocation as a BIG upgrade! :thumb:
We'll miss you guys on the trails. but will be following the build here and of course plan to make a few visits ;) Summer time, winter time, ski... who knows! [emoji481]
We are going to miss all of y'all too! But we're always open to visitors!
Nice! Subscribed!
Thanks!
Good luck, Kyle.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Thanks Clay! And thanks for fixing my thread bud :thumb:
Yes! I've been waiting for this! Jeep looks awesome. Can't wait until you get that EVO level installed! Subscribed!

Get ready! I might have to bribe some of my new Colorado brethren into letting me wrench at their place if the complex doesn't finish our garage very soon.

WJCO

Meme King
Next spring my wife will be smothering the Colorado medical industry with her resume. Hoping to get a few bites and move out there. My job is WFH, so I can go wherever she lands. Fingers crossed.

Good luck to you both. I know there are pros and cons everywhere, but the Colorado front range has a lot to offer.

Good luck to you both. I know there are pros and cons everywhere, but the Colorado front range has a lot to offer.

She did an away rotation in Durango a few years ago and fell in love with it. Just took a little while for her to realize that it would also be a great place to settle. We're sold, just gotta find a hospital for her to work at.

There's sooooo many toaster Jeeps out here, she could start her own group! Lol

We're already laying the groundwork, :thumb:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Haha that's awesome. I'll let her know, she'll love that. You gotta text me from time to time with what y'all are up to out there so I can keep this realization top of mind :)

Kyle7R

She did an away rotation in Durango a few years ago and fell in love with it. Just took a little while for her to realize that it would also be a great place to settle. We're sold, just gotta find a hospital for her to work at.

Haha that's awesome. I'll let her know, she'll love that. You gotta text me from time to time with what y'all are up to out there so I can keep this realization top of mind :)

Oh it's on now brotha! I have had zero signal in our new building. But as of the end of the day today, I got access to our hot spot and microcell.

There are about 3 hospitals I could probably throw a rock at, and hit from my office.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kyle7R

Did some exploring this weekend. My mother in law came up for the weekend, and wanted to see the great out doors.

20170408_142531_1491710574029.jpg

20170408_142543_1491710574290.jpg

20170408_153130_1491710574407.jpg

20170408_153200_1491710574556.jpg

20170408_154238_1491710574668.jpg

20170408_154244_1491710574819.jpg

Stopped to take this one specifically for Napalm [emoji41]

20170408_154234.jpg

Got a little flexy too

20170408_161748.jpg

20170408_161835.jpg

20170408_161759.jpg