Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Starting over from scratch with a JKUR, the rise of Tonto

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle7R View Post
    Attachment 270296

Top is off.

I'm not crazy about it, but it's functional and secure. Need to figure out a simpler way to get it higher up towards the ceiling.
    I need to do this to mine tomorrow. If you joined the soft top syndicate, you wouldn't have to worry about this!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle7R View Post
    Attachment 270296

Top is off.

I'm not crazy about it, but it's functional and secure. Need to figure out a simpler way to get it higher up towards the ceiling.
    That is how I have mine. I just go around and reset the straps to raise it higher.
    TRU WW Build Thread
    Evo Bolt-on Coilover Suspension
    Elite ProRock XD60/80 Axle-Set
    40” Cooper's on ATX Beadlocks

I've seen people run winches or even hand winches to make it a little easier. I would feel uneasy storing my hard top like that, though. I just put mine in the backyard and run my soft top in the summer

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2006 Jeep TJ
    "The Banana Jeep"

Alright Kyle... I got you!

20171006_165916.jpg

20171006_165756.jpg

20171006_165814.jpg

20171006_165822.jpg

I needed to work my way up. (I lifted it from the floor)

show the wife/or a friend how to lace the ratchet straps, then slowly lift the top up as high as the ratchets will allow. Once there, you hold the top in the corner to be worked on, and have your helper undo that strap and re-lace it with a few wraps and couple more clicks then move on to the next. Go around all 4 corners restarting the straps. then work your way lifting it again. Keep doing it until it's as high as you want it. Ash and I got ours from the ground to about 3-4" from the ceiling with relative ease and it is MUCH more stable now that the straps holding it up are nice and short

Edit: I just now saw this post. Sorry, 3 months late... I really need notifications to work... not sure why it doesn't anymore... Anyway, hope you figured it out. If not, try the above once the snow melts. Lol

sent from SPACE!
    DZZ Build thread
    Last edited by DWiggles; 10-06-2017 at 10:18 PM.

Fort Collins, Colorado by way of Houston Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by DWiggles View Post
    Alright Kyle... I got you!

20171006_165916.jpg

20171006_165756.jpg

20171006_165814.jpg

20171006_165822.jpg

I needed to work my way up. (I lifted it from the floor)

show the wife/or a friend how to lace the ratchet straps, then slowly lift the top up as high as the ratchets will allow. Once there, you hold the top in the corner to be worked on, and have your helper undo that strap and re-lace it with a few wraps and couple more clicks then move on to the next. Go around all 4 corners restarting the straps. then work your way lifting it again. Keep doing it until it's as high as you want it. Ash and I got ours from the ground to about 3-4" from the ceiling with relative ease and it is MUCH more stable now that the straps holding it up are nice and short

Edit: I just now saw this post. Sorry, 3 months late... I really need notifications to work... not sure why it doesn't anymore... Anyway, hope you figured it out. If not, try the above once the snow melts. Lol

sent from SPACE!
    DZZ Build thread
    Mine haven't been working either!

I'll definitely be doing this method once the hard top is off again. Which is probably next spring, seeing as they're saying we are getting snow this week!

Or until Santa brings me a soft top
    | 2013 JKU Rubicon | EVO Level | EVO Fascia and D-Rings l

If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole.

If you run into assholes all day....YOU'RE the asshole.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314