Home of the Cookie Monster

CookieMonsterJK

This will be a slow (hopefully not too slow) build of my hydro blue JKUR that my wife dubbed the Cookie Monster, and thanks to Wayalife (Eddie and Cindy) for allowing me to have my own little place. It all happened when we were trying to find a name and I said Cookie Monster, to which my wife responded C is for cookie and cookies are for Clint so it stuck. I do love me some cookies. Why is this going to be a slow build to start with, well I promised my wife i wouldn't do any mods until my original tires wear out (18.5k right now), cant see spending money on new tires to just replace them down the road. My build delay but welcomed is the birth of my son who is our first and was just born on 3/23/2017 and a gift if you ask me after several failed attempts of IVF he was all natural. My plan is to go the enforcer route with king shocks and 37's, for what I want to do this will work and serve me well for years to come. JAGS and MTG were a ton of help and I appreciate them letting me pick their brain. I do have the QuietCrawler Performance Exhaust System that was used on Rubicat and the evo c gussets but I dont know of a shop near Chino that I can trust to do the welding. I will update this post as my build progresses as well as post randomness. For now I leave you with a jeep diaper cake my sister in law made for the baby shower.

P2260048 - 2.jpg P2260049 - 2.jpg

CookieMonsterJK

Looks like its time to dust off this old thread. Just placed an order with Drew at Off Road Evolution yesterday for an enforcer 4" lift w/draglink flip, king 2.5 shocks and some kmc machete wheels. Drew said that the kings are on BO so ill be waiting before I can really do anything but hey at least the process has been started. Once I get my parts ill post up pictures and maybe a couple good knuckle busters if that happens.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Looks like its time to dust off this old thread. Just placed an order with Drew at Off Road Evolution yesterday for an enforcer 4" lift w/draglink flip, king 2.5 shocks and some kmc machete wheels. Drew said that the kings are on BO so ill be waiting before I can really do anything but hey at least the process has been started. Once I get my parts ill post up pictures and maybe a couple good knuckle busters if that happens.

Great kit. I loved those shocks on mine. I really didn't think they stood out enough for anyone to notice them but ended up getting compliments/comments all the time. Kings rock.
Congrats on the whole package!

wjtstudios

Hooked

Congrats on the upgrades. Kings Are Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Judesign

Caught the Bug

Awesome. Seems like the Kings are always backordered but they actually get them out pretty quick considering.

CookieMonsterJK

Thanks and I can’t wait to get started. I hope I can have everything installed by the end of January. I now have to decide on my tires (37’s) and what gears I’m going to run with. I want to buy a small utility trailer for camping gear and this Jeep is my DD.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Congrats! You’re gonna love ‘em. Let us know if you need help with the install. Many of us have done the install ourselves and can provide guidance.

jesse3638

Hooked
Should be pretty straight forward and you should have it installed in a weekend. Just remember when pushing on a wrench I've always found using my palm and leaving my hand open prevents said knuckle busting. If ever pulling on a wrench remember to move your face out of the line of the nut or bolts rotational direction. Just some tips..haha. As I've gotten older I've found myself using safety glasses a lot.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

CookieMonsterJK

Should be pretty straight forward and you should have it installed in a weekend. Just remember when pushing on a wrench I've always found using my palm and leaving my hand open prevents said knuckle busting. If ever pulling on a wrench remember to move your face out of the line of the nut or bolts rotational direction. Just some tips..haha. As I've gotten older I've found myself using safety glasses a lot.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes the open palm technique has served me well over the years lol.

Congrats! You’re gonna love ‘em. Let us know if you need help with the install. Many of us have done the install ourselves and can provide guidance.

I’ll reach out if I hit any hang ups. The only difficult part I see is welding the c gussets. Here’s to not melting anything lol.

Top Bottom