Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 98

Thread: Fords rock the desert like no jeep can

  1. #1
    Fresh Catch KSCRUDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    11

    Fords rock the desert like no jeep can

    Had my 11 2 door up to 101 mph with the 3.73 gears on stock 32 inch rubber. That was in 3rd gear as I have the four speed auto and it would run faster in third then forth as it powered out. It is saved on my nav as it stores your fastest speed. Now I have 4.88 gears and still on stock rubber and will run over 100 easy in fourth overdrive gear. I may never go bigger tires as the jeep is very spunky and does 80 at 2800 rpm. Before it was 1900 rpm at 80 and a dog. I test drove a new Rubi with 3.6 4.10 gears and it felt like a dog compared to my 3.8 with 4.88 gears. I often cruse 80 all day long on the big road from Kansas to Vegas at 2800 rpm and with 30 K on the 3.8 she has never used a drop of oil. 5W30 Mobil one since new. Love my 3.8! When I want to go fast I drive my Shelby Raptor with 600 hp and factory 4.10 and 35 inch tires. Fords rock the desert like no jeep can lol


    Moved from here: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4...at-80-85-90mph
    Last edited by WJCO; 04-05-2017 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Pimping His Raptor Truck

  2. #2
    Fresh Catch KSCRUDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    11
    IMG_3921.jpg


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

  3. #3
    Fresh Catch KSCRUDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    11
    And I didn't have to swap axles and weld a bunch of junk on them or drop a junk hemi in


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

  4. #4
    Fresh Catch KSCRUDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    11
    PICT0027.jpg


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

  5. #5
    Meme King WJCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    19,299
    Quote Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
    Had my 11 2 door up to 101 mph with the 3.73 gears on stock 32 inch rubber. That was in 3rd gear as I have the four speed auto and it would run faster in third then forth as it powered out. It is saved on my nav as it stores your fastest speed. Now I have 4.88 gears and still on stock rubber and will run over 100 easy in fourth overdrive gear. I may never go bigger tires as the jeep is very spunky and does 80 at 2800 rpm. Before it was 1900 rpm at 80 and a dog. I test drove a new Rubi with 3.6 4.10 gears and it felt like a dog compared to my 3.8 with 4.88 gears. I often cruse 80 all day long on the big road from Kansas to Vegas at 2800 rpm and with 30 K on the 3.8 she has never used a drop of oil. 5W30 Mobil one since new. Love my 3.8! When I want to go fast I drive my Shelby Raptor with 600 hp and factory 4.10 and 35 inch tires. Fords rock the desert like no jeep can lol


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
    IMG_3921.jpg


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
    And I didn't have to swap axles and weld a bunch of junk on them or drop a junk hemi in


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
    PICT0027.jpg


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Welcome to Wayalife.

  6. #6
    That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Madison, MS
    Posts
    9,103
    Quote Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
    Had my 11 2 door up to 101 mph with the 3.73 gears on stock 32 inch rubber. That was in 3rd gear as I have the four speed auto and it would run faster in third then forth as it powered out. It is saved on my nav as it stores your fastest speed. Now I have 4.88 gears and still on stock rubber and will run over 100 easy in fourth overdrive gear. I may never go bigger tires as the jeep is very spunky and does 80 at 2800 rpm. Before it was 1900 rpm at 80 and a dog. I test drove a new Rubi with 3.6 4.10 gears and it felt like a dog compared to my 3.8 with 4.88 gears. I often cruse 80 all day long on the big road from Kansas to Vegas at 2800 rpm and with 30 K on the 3.8 she has never used a drop of oil. 5W30 Mobil one since new. Love my 3.8! When I want to go fast I drive my Shelby Raptor with 600 hp and factory 4.10 and 35 inch tires. Fords rock the desert like no jeep can lol


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
    IMG_3921.jpg


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
    And I didn't have to swap axles and weld a bunch of junk on them or drop a junk hemi in


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Welcome to Wayalife. You know this is a Jeep forum, and that you are derailing a thread, talking about your Ford Raptor, right? You could start your own thread, to brag about it, instead of posting here.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  7. #7
    Addict Ddays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Darlington, Pa
    Posts
    5,447
    Quote Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
    And I didn't have to swap axles and weld a bunch of junk on them or drop a junk hemi in
    la dee frickin da.jpg

    10 of 'em

  8. #8
    That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Madison, MS
    Posts
    9,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Yeah, as long as there is decent Terrain, his Raptor will haul ass.

    https://youtu.be/zjNPjLAI0DE





    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  9. #9
    Addict Ddays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Darlington, Pa
    Posts
    5,447
    Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    Yeah, as long as there is decent Terrain, his Raptor will haul ass.

    https://youtu.be/zjNPjLAI0DE]
    Idiot. Its such a retarded argument.

    Raptors are badass for sure, but really?

  10. #10
    That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Madison, MS
    Posts
    9,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Idiot. Its such a retarded argument
    Right. Each has its purpose.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS